Chapter 44 - French Club

Jason's POV

"How exactly will we get them to kiss?" I ask the rest of the group. We've been out here all night, the sun is just rising. Every time we think we hear or see Lili or Mitch, we sprint like there's no tomorrow, which there won't be if they catch us. Lauren looks up at me and meets my eyes.

"But it might not work," she reminds me. I nod then look at the rest of the group. Everyone is so tired, but if we sleep, Lili and/or Mitch could find us.

"It's worth a try," I reply. "So.. Does anyone have ideas?" Nobody moves. Sarah straightens her back and looks around our little circle. I can almost see the lightbulb above her head.

"This might be a terrible idea, but we could split up, have one of them chase us, meet back up here then push them onto each other," she stands up and walks around as she explains. "It might be hard, but like Jason said, it's worth a try."

"True," Sophia agrees. She grabs Lauren's arm then Sarah's and starts walking to campus. "I call dibs on Lili; she doesn't have a weapon," I see Sophia smirk as she pulls the girls to where she guessed Lili is.

"Okay.... I guess we have to find Mitch... Life was good while it lasted," Lola gives up already. Ty looks straight at her.

"Don't act like that. Let's just find him and run. Run like we did yesterday. If you get tired, I'll carry you, but don't be all cliché and say 'oh leave me behind and run'," Ty quotes pretty much every horror movie in a terrible girl voice. Lola reluctantly nods.

"Fine," she agrees then takes the lead to campus. "Where would he be?"

"Uh... Let's go to the school buildings. That's where we were last time we heard his footsteps," I suggest. I go in front of Lola to take the lead. We first head to math, then to history next door. Of course Mitch isn't anywhere near where you would actually learn.

"What's that?" Lola squeaks when she sees someone walk out from behind the science building. The figure gets closer, close enough for me to see that it's actually three girls.

"Oh... Hi," I half-wave to Sophia, Sarah and Lauren. "Why are you checking here?"

"We could ask you the same question. Mitch doesn't even like these subjects!" Sarah gestures the buildings surrounding us.

"I know, I know. But I asked you first," I look at the three girls closely.

"This is where French club is held," Lauren explains. Ahh... Typical.

"She does love France," Ty nods then starts to walk away.

"Where ya going?" Sophia calls to him. Ty only turns his head to answer, he keeps walking though.

"We can't just stand around, we gotta keep looking," Ty calls back. I wave to the girls, grab Lola's arm then I chase after Ty.