Chapter 12 - Forever

Mitch's POV

It dawns on me that I could've stayed back to look for Lili. I mentally face palm and I physically lie down in the grass. Ty slowly picks at the grass and Jason kicks at the bark of a tree. Sophia's voice breaks the sorrowful silence, "What about the curse?"

That question gets everyone's attention. She stares at us, waiting. I shake my head for a few seconds before I answer, "I don't know." I prop myself up on one elbow. Lola throws her hand into the air.

"Why don't we wait and find out?" She gestures to the dark sky. I didn't even realize that it was that dark out. I check my phone. Sure enough, it was 10 minutes till curfew. Everyone is hesitant to leave the field and woods that inhabitants Lili. Slowly but surely, Lauren nods and stands up, followed by Lola, then Sophia. Jason walks from the tree he was forcefully kicking. Ty sighs and walks over to me, putting his hand out to help me up. I reluctantly take his hand and he pulls me to my feet.

"It's okay, Mitch. Lili will show up," Ty murmurs to me.

"What if she doesn't?" I ask him. He furrows is eyebrows and opens his mouth to say something, but stops. He let's me continue. "What if we've lost her forever? What if I've lost her forever?" I look at him with sad eyes.

"Then we'll keep looking forever," Ty gives me a small smile and I return the gesture.

[A/N Sorry for another small chapter!]