Chapter 19 - Mitch

Mitch's POV

Lili was finally allowed to leave early this morning. I walked her back to her dorm. Sophia and Lola were waiting for us in the lounge. I turn to leave and I feel myself being pulled back down the hallway. "I'm being kidnapped by 3 rambunctious teens!" I shout as I'm pulled away. People just give me weird looks and don't even bother to help. I'm pulled into their room and they push me onto the small couch.

"Tell us about Clayton," Sophia declares. I bite the inside of my cheek. I totally forgot about this... I sigh. The girls sit down around me. I didn't even realize that Lauren, Jason, Ty and...a new girl...were here.

"By the way, this is Sarah," Sophia smiles at Sarah and they sit next I each other on the floor. Jason moves closer to Lauren and I smirk at him. Ty and Lola sit next to each other on Lola's bed and Lili comes and sits next to me. Is ave at Sarah's and she waves back.

"Okay... A few years back, my best friend, Clayton, went insane. He became a crazed murderer and I witnessed him stab a girl that had done nothing wrong. I felt so stupid for not helping, but I was in shock. The cops soon came and Clayton say take away and sentenced to 6 years in prison. Little did I know, he escaped 3 years too early and to protect me, I was put in the Witness Protection Program and given a new name. I was then known as Michael Holland. That all changed when he escaped," I told them. They sat in shock. Jason and Ty already know about this, so they didn't seem as shocked sat the rest. Lili leaned in to my ear.

"I'm so sorry, Mitch," she whispered.

"It's okay," I whispered back.

"D-Did he hurt you?" Sarah asked. Sophia put her arm around Sarah.

"Eh, not that bad," I say. I smirk at Ty and he gives me a look.

"You're kidding right?" He asks. I laugh quietly. I run my hand through my hair.

"Actually, I got stabbed and cut a few times. Let me think... I got stabbed twice in my stomach, cut down my right arm, stabbed in my left leg and I got cut near my neck," I lean back on the couch.

"Oh my god!" Lola exclaims. Ty puts an arm around her waist and pulls her closer. Ty and I look at Jason; he's a little closer to Lauren now.

"Cough - MAN UP - cough," Ty smiles at me. Jason blushes and looks up at us. He glares at us for a second, then he smiles.

"Hey Lauren?" I hear him say. I look around the room, it seems like only Ty and I are paying attention to him... Well and Lauren. She turns to him.

"Yeah?" He smiles again. What is he up to?

"What to go somewhere with me?" He asks confidently.

"Like a date?" Lauren's eyes light up.

"Yeah, how about today? We could go see a movie off campus," Lauren smiles and so does Jason.

"I'd love that!" She exclaims. I shoot my hands in air and jump up in the air.

"HE MANNED UP!" I shout. Ty jumps up into the air, too. Everyone starts clapping and whistling. Jason sits their blushing and Lauren laughs.

I sit back down and look to Lili. She's still cheering for them and laughing. Sarah and Sophia stand up and walk to the door. "Where ya going?" Lola asks.

"We're gonna go get something to eat. We'll be back later, bye!" We all say goodbye and they walk out of the room; their fingers intertwined.

"This seems like a good a time as any," I turn to Lili. "We should go out sometime."

"I wouldn't mind that," she runs her hand through her hair and pushes it out of her eyes. Her glasses reflect the light of the room back at me.

"I know on the inside your screaming with joy!" I laugh. Lili smiles.

"Eh, I've never been lucky with boyfriends..." She says.

"I could turn the streak around!" I exclaim. She nods.

"Maybe you could. Better do something memorable."