Chapter Six

After Maryam has finished praying isha prayer and her nafils, she sat down a little longer on the praying mat making du'a to her lord and when she was finally done, she folded her praying mat and her hijab. She took a quick shower, changed into her night wears and then she headed to her mother's room. On her arrival she met her mum sitting on the praying mat, her hands lifted up in prayer and Maryam quickly joined her. When her mum finished the prayer, they both said ameen and rub their hands on their faces and then immediately Maryam's mother turned around smiling at her daughter.

"So...."

"So....." Maryam replied smirking at her mother knowing what she means by just saying so....

"Now c'mon don't make me wait any longer or ask again, you know what i mean." Maryam laughed at her mother.

"Mama kenan! I know what you want to hear and I am ready to tell you too."

"Then go ahead, I am all ears " Maryam's Mother Hajiya Binta said.

"Okay ma. So you remember Fatima Ahmad my friend from primary school, right?"

"Oh yes I do!" Hajiya Binta exclaimed "She is such a good girl. What happened to her?"

"No nothing, we were just chatting on whats app earlier today and she told me that she wants to hook me up with her friend who has been looking for a wife and of course asked for her help in getting him one from her friends."
Maryam paused examining her mother's face but it was blank she could'nt figure out any expression on her mother's face which made her scared already.

"Why did you stop? Continue mana!"
Her mum exclaimed.

"Mama you should know the rest mana." Maryam said smiling.

"Yes I should know the rest because I be witch ko?" Hajiya Binta asked with sarcasm and Maryam laughed out loud.

"No I didn't mean that. Well its just that Fatima choose me for him and she wants me to give him a try." Hajiya Binta eyed her daughter questionly.

"And do you want to give him a try?"

"Ammmm I am....."

"You are what Maryam?" Her mother interrupted.

"Well nothing i just don't know. I don't want to be heart broken if things doesn't work out." Hajiya Binta sighed, moved closer to Maryam and she held her hands.

"Look Maryam, you can never know or predict something until you give it a try. I know why you are scared and i can understand but you can't pin yourself down because of these fears. I know Fatima will never bring you something that will harm you in any way, if she is suggesting that you should give him a try then you really should give him a chance and see how things will work out for both of you."

Maryam was listening carefully to her mother and she was happy that her mother has given her the permission to give Muhammad a chance.

"Okay mama."

"Good girl." Her mother smiled patting her cheecks. I have known you to be a very strong person and in dependent and i have no doubt that this time too you will pass through whatever comes your way with strenght and grace in shaa Allah."

"Allahuma yasha mama." Maryam said hugging her mother and when they break their hug they both had tears on their faces. After wiping each others tears her mother asked her again.

"So you didn't tell me the name of your new catch." Hajiya Binta said teasingly and Maryam blushed covering her face with her hands.

"His name is Muhammad."

"Masha Allah Muhammad babban suna ( Muhammad is a great name)." Her mum said smiling and Maryam nodded and she told her everything about him that Fatima told her earlier and how their conversation on the phone went.