The one thing I couldn't lie about

A:N giving a shot at more imagery..let me know how i do.

It started off as a normal night, rain was pouring down outside creating a soothing setting of relaxation and boredom.

The clock on the hotels wall ticked precious seconds of your life away but only tonight it felt a bit more noticeable.

You opened the drawer to take a pen and pad out and froze when you saw a old Kings James version of the bible resting in it collecting a ton of dust since sadly no one seemed to pick it up.

Only you weren't about to touch it either, God knows what might happen if your sinful behind touched something as holy as that. Would lightning strike you down? Would your hands burn in flames?

You didn't know and you certainly weren't trying to find out.

You began writing down all the money you had gotten today and hoped it prayed to whoever was listening that it was enough.

You then signed into your eBay account and looked to see how many offerings you were getting.

"Wow..4,000 dollars for a pen?" You smiled knowing that you should be able to reach your goal for this month.

You logged off your computer and layed down in the bed trying to let the pitter patters of the rain lull you to sleep only that was interrupted by your notification sound ringing indicating you had just received a text message.

Unknown: How's it going?

You: Good, offers are high, and it's all good.

Unknown: Excellent, you know what we have to do tonight right?

You: Of course.

Unknown: Good, don't f-k it up.

You ended the conversation feeling another wave of guilt rush over you, but you were so used to it by now it's almost as if it's become it's own every day emotion.

You spun your wedding ring around on your ring finger and gazed up at the ceiling letting memories flow through your mind like a movie wheel.

Just as you got to the day of your wedding your hotel door was opened and in came your husband looking quite distressed with someone he was talking to on the phone.

"Are you sure that's correct?" He asked his tone distressed and strained, and a bit pissed.

Whoever it was on the end must've confirmed it and he let out a long sigh and nodded realizing the person on the other end couldn't see it.

"Alright, thanks for the call." He hung up and looked at you who was now shooting him curious stares as well as concerned ones.

Something you've been practicing for years now in the mirror.

"What was that about?" You asked your tone worried like a perfect wife's should be.

Even though..

You were far from that.

"Bank called me, they said it looks like someone's been embezzling money out of Shady Records under a hidden identity that their having a hard time identifying, they said FBI is going to look into it, and make sure no one else's money is being tampered with inside the bank." He explained.

"Oh God Marshall that's awful! How much was stolen?" You asked rubbing his shoulders as he sat down on the side of the bed.

"2 mil." He sighed feeling the tensions out of his shoulders seize.

"I'm so sorry, i'm sure they'll find whoever did this." You comforted.

"Thanks babe, hey i'm sorry I had to drag you out to New York this week, concert dates have been off the wall lately, but i'm so glad your here." He said.