|| Chapter 25 ~ 'What A Nightmare' ||

"They found her," his soft, whisper like voice echoed through the phone. I rose from my seat, rushing outside into the halls with all my stuff in my hands.
"Isaac?" I was soon rushing down the halls, pulling out my car keys ready to open my car.
"They found my sister, Scarlett," I felt like screaming. A lump formed in my throat as tears of joy came to my eyes.
"Where are you, I'm coming."
"Police station. Take a left and two eights, bye," he hung up leaving me speechless. All my muscles had began to relax after the wait. I clicked the button on my keys, flashing my cars lights so I had an idea where it was. As I got into the car and strapped myself in, suddenly an unknown caller appeared on my phone. I connected the phone to my car as o reversed from the car space.
"Hello?," I looked in the eye mirror, making sure I don't bash into anyone's car.
"Leora? Is this the right number," Mr Frenmus said.
"What do you want?"
"Leora," he yelled a bit louder, "you need to speak up. Wait-," there was an awkward pause. I studied the road as I came out of the car park, looking both ways. "I've got you on speaker phone, the whole class can head you. So, was that your little moon pie, Isaac?" I heard Ivy snigger in the background.
"Bye Mr Frenmus. Ivy I'm having a word with you later," I ended the call as I pulled into the police station. I already recognised Isaac as his parents car from the day I had ran to Isaac's proclaiming my love for him. I awed in my head. I got out of the car, taking my phone with my. As I locked the car behind me, I could see no sign of them in the windows. I came to the front desk were an middle aged African man sat in his chair eating a tuna sandwich. My stomach growled as he munched.
"Excuse me?," I noticed a family photo on his desk. I once again awed in my head. He looked up taking a sip of Fanta from his left.
"Yes madam?"
"I'm here to see the Hunters."
"Room 2," he pointed down the hall and I smiled. My black heels clicked and I pulled my short black blazer tighter. I flung my curled hair to the side, showing my white shirt. I gently knocked on the door. Isaac opened it, with a grin on his face. He invited me in and I took a seat next to him next to the wall. Butterflies swirled as I looked at the man before us. Isaac's parents sat next to us. I felt like an outsider. I had only been with Isaac for nearly 2 years. I had never met his sister. Only once I had heard about her.
"Well," the man said, taking his seat. "She's alive and healthy. She was put in an orphanage only a couple weeks later before being taken in." I heard Mrs Hunter tremble under her breath. "Only 2 when this happened, your daughter is now 16," they had now both collapsed in tears. My eyes looked up at Isaac who had only shredded a tear. I leaned up to his ear and whispered, "it's okay to cry," I kissed him on the cheek as another tear fell down the other side.
"14 years of my baby's life I had missed," Mrs Hunter said with tears and a runny nose. It sounded like she had come down with a cold but instead she had come down with a bad case of a broken heart.
"Because of confidential reasons, we cannot release any information about the family who took her in but we can say that we have spoken to them and they are unwilling to have an open adoption. Also, Scarlett doesn't know she has been adopted," the officer said.
"Why only now have you found her?" Isaac said with anger in his voice. His eyebrows furrowed as his jaw clenched.
"You see, a neighbour had recognised her as the family likes to move around a lot and yet again as it is confidential, we cannot tell you where the family is right now. Another reason why we cannot provide this information is because since we were last in touch with the family, as it was over a long period of time and we were making sure this was true with technology to see what she would look like today with the picture you gave us, the dates she was put in the orphanage and the dates she was adopted, the family could of moved again by now."
"Does-," Isaac's dad started, "Does my daughter at least know her name or?"
"It depends. Scarlett might of known her first name when she was put in the orphanage but she definitely did not know her surname. To the family she is with now, it might of looked like she had made the name up as she was only 2. They could of changed it when she was adopted but we don't have any evidence of either of them possibilities. I'm sorry, but this is all we have and what we can give out due to legal reasons," he leaned forwards in his chair, his hands in a prism. I sat there like I had just came off a life threatening rollercoaster. It was hard to know that the families hearts were being shattered and you couldn't do anything. To be only capable to sit and hear their distant trembles as you try to imagine what it would be like. But you can't. Because you know deep down that your life isn't theirs and all you can do is have sympathy for them.

I wandered back into English, my cheeks burned red as so did my tips of my ears. "Ah, Leora! Welcome back," Mr Frenmus greeted me with a wide smile on his face,
"Come, come," he patted on the front of his desk to pirch with him. I sat with him as the whole class' eyes were on us. "So, what was all that about?"
"What?"
"Don't play the silly fishy!" He threatened.
"Wha-,"
"It was Isaac wasn't it? Tell me or I'll make my own Gossip Girl site. Don't push it, I will," a few people in the back giggled at his funny remark resulting in his head jolting up to find the noise makers. He was like a meerkat pirching on a rock in his sanctuary and a witty child had said "is it just me or does that look like a mere cat".
"No it was," I paused to think, "Levi. My friend."
"Ohhh and isn't she engaged to Levi?" he turned to look at me as so did the rest of the class who didn't attend the Peter Pan party.
"Yes. How did you-?"
"What can I say?" he stood like a starfish facing the class, "I'm the next Gossip Girl!" I rolled my eyes at his dramatic statement, "What a nightmare," I said under my breath just enough for everyone in class to hear.
"And at this rate you will be the next Blair with that attitude." I shrugged, putting a small, sarcastic smirk on my face.

HEYYYYYYYY.
Umm I've made a wall in my bedroom dedicated to all my books...
I'M SO EXCITED TO WRITE EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Byeeeeeee
Love you and thank you for reading.