Daegu

The city was filled with white

The city was filled with white. Christmas decorations were hung everywhere and it was freezing cold. Kira was not fond of getting out of her huge piles of blankets but that's how life worked.

After surviving the walk outside, Kira entered into the warmth of her office building. The elevator dinged and she stood there patiently, for the doors to close. As it was about to close, a foot stopped it and got in, muttering apologies. Kira stared at Taehyung who looked like he was chased by a pigeon.

He didn't seem to notice she was right beside him; he seemed taken aback when he did so. Kira had been trying hard not to over think about their little incident. It is one thing to live the moment but a totally different one to awkwardly get cut in- between.

"Hi."

"Hey."

Not awkward at all, she commented to herself. She desperately wanted to pick up the conversation and she blurted out "Want to go to a ski resort this weekend?"

Taehyung looked at her dumbfounded for a moment. "Me? You're asking me?" He asked pointing to himself.

Kira looked around the empty elevator. "Nope, I am talking to this dude over here." She said sarcastically, mimicking to put an arm around a person.

Taehyung couldn't help but laugh. "That would be great." He finally said, smiling.

The elevator opened to reveal their floor and they walked out, talking casually. The air of awkwardness shimmered away along with it.

"Good morning, Kira." Yoongi smiled.

"Morning!" She smiled back. Taehyung looked at Yoongi, a mixture of confusion and surprise plastered on his face.

Noticing the look, Kira continued. "Ah, I forgot that you guys haven't met yet. Taehyung, meet Yoongi. Yoongi, meet Taehyung."

"Suga...hyung?"

"V?"

This time it was Kira's turn to look surprised. She was sure that they said the names wrong. Before she could comment on it, 'Suga' pulled 'V' into a hug.

"I never thought I'd-" Started Yoongi in disbelief.

"I know!" Replied Taehyung, acting unnaturally kind to someone 'he just met.'

"You thought what? You know what?" Asked Kira being completely lost. And just like that, they both abandoned her without hesitation, talking excitedly.

***

Taehyung walked out of his grandma's house, his hood completely covering his face. The fourteen year old had been lonely especially since his only friend Jungkook was still stuck in the city. Taehyung was used to the loneliness, he loved spending time with grandma but he dearly missed being able to play boyish games.

He had always been that kid who never had many friends. He occasionally met up with his friend from the city but apart from that, he was mostly alone. He couldn't wait to go to college so that he could spend more time in the city with Jungkook. His parents were always busy and barely met up with him even when he was with them. He had always felt like an outcast wherever he went.

Taehyung sat on one of the swings by the basketball court, idly swaying back and forth in the silent park. He watched as a bunch of older kids played basketball. He admired the game, their teamwork and most of all, their friendship. He admired as they patted each other on the back and high-five when they scored.

Bizarrely, one of them threw the ball which bounced next to him heavily. It flew past the intended loop, bounced and came to a halt next to Tae. He looked blankly at the ball until an older boy came next to him, picking it up.

That's when the latter noticed a boy on the swing. The older boy read young Taehyung's face and a sense of understanding came over him.

"Suga." He said with swag, extending his hand out to the young boy. Taehyung stared at him in awe. That was so cool.

Wanting to be as cool as him, Taehyung shook his hands and blurted out the first alphabet that came into his head. "V". Taehyung sensed that it probably had something to do with the movie 'V for Vendetta' which he saw recently.

Suga seemed impressed by it and smiled. The swag suddenly morphed into an adorable gummy smile.

"Yoongi! What's taking you so long?" yelled the other boys from the court. So that's his name; Taehyung thought.

"I think I found us a new player." Suga replied.

***

That's how they knew each other. Yoongi had been the only real friend Taehyung had back in Daegu. When Taehyung moved, he lost all contacts he had. His life had taken a steep turn and he never had a way to turn back.

Yoongi stopped the fork mid-way as he froze. "You are the owner of Saengmyeong enterprises?!"

Taehyung nodded sheepishly and chuckled softly. He had never told Yoongi about his parents or the job they did. All Yoongi remembered was an enthusiastic young boy who lived with his grandmother.

They caught up on each other's lives and marvelled at how things had changed.

"I never thought I'd see you. In fact, I wasn't even sure you remembered me." Suga smiled.

"Of course I remember. You were the coolest kid in the neighbourhood and you agreed to hangout with me." Said V.

"You still owe me that basket ball you threw into a well." Yoongi said, faking seriousness.

Taehyung laughed at that and reminisced his childhood. "I really did miss you, Hyung. I should have contacted you earlier."

"Let's just say, everything has its own time." Yoongi replied. 

A/N: Yeah, I know. Not much of a great chapter. 🙄 I am a weird person who writes better when I am under pressure and having a relaxing vacation is not exactly helping it. Sorry, but I'll try writing anyway.😅