Third-Wheel

San Sebastian was elegant in all its mighty European glory

San Sebastian was elegant in all its mighty European glory. The city as far as it went was a stretch of pretty blues and sand. Taehyung seemed like he knew the place pretty well as he confidently hired a cab and asked to go to a place with a name Kira could never pronounce. They reached a small amusement park which held a good view of the city below it.  

Kira marvelled at the beautiful sight and instinctively took out her phone. "Stand there." She ushered him to accompany the scenery. As she focused her phone camera on him, he held up his hand with a victory sign. "There," she said. "A pretty man for a pretty sight."

 "Ooh." Teased Taehyung. "Someone's in the mood for cheese."

She went next to him, holding out her hand for a selfie. "Minjee, you wouldn't mind if we had company, right? There's this girl who..."

 A very loud "OPPA!" cut through the air and caught their attention. "And she's here." Murmured Taehyung before a young girl came crashing onto him with a bear hug. She clearly stood out as a non native to Spain. But the hint of another language severely interfered with her Korean as she ranted rapidly.

"Oppa! You said you'd come two months ago! Oppa is such a liar." 

Kira's lips tugged at the corners, working into an amused smile.

"I am sorry kiddo; I got caught up with work."

The girl pouted. "How's Jungkook?"

Kira couldn't help but notice the drop of honorific despite clearly being younger than him too.

"He's good. How are you?"

"I am good now because I get to see Oppa again." She grinned cheekily.

Taehyung chuckled at that and ruffled her hair. Seeing that the two were completely ignoring her, Kira cleared her throat.

"Ah, Yungmi meet Minjee. And Minjee, meet Yungmi." He smiled.

Kira greeted her as the girl simply raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, another one this time? But Oppa, she doesn't look like your normal type. She's a little..." she decided to think again. "...different from the others. What happened?"

"Because she's special." Taehyung said, as if revealing a secret to a child. The girl barely seemed amused and decided to change topic.

 "I saw Oppa on the cover of the magazine. Oppa looked so handsome in it! Oppa will always be the 'Heartthrob of the business world'." She continued ranting, pulling Taehyung away by his arm. Kira shrugged, pushing away the urge to teach her the magical use of pronouns.

"Ooh now that Oppa is here, let's go on rides! We've never come here together, have we?" Yungmi seemed unbothered of Kira's presence and dragged him along on different attractions. Taehyung patiently listened to her and replied enthusiastically to her as he would to toddler. Kira could clearly make out that this girl was important. She decided not to meddle with them and followed them around quietly.