Secrets

"Kira

"Kira. Kira wake up. We have to leave soon if we have to get there on time." Hoseok's soft voice said next to her.

"I'll wake up later." Kira murmured.

"Wake up, or I'll draw on your face."

At that, Kira opened her eyes and scowled at his grinning face. It took her a moment to get used to the room. 'It's Hoseok's' Her mind reminded her.

-

Kira crept throw the hallway silently as to not wake up her inmates. The moment she got into her room, images from the terrible movie flooded her mind. Nope, she couldn't sleep.

Hesitantly, she stood by living room, staring at the other rooms. She could sleep next to Jin, but she didn't want to leave her face vulnerable to the cruel revenges of a marker. So, she silently walked into Hoseok's room and he was sleeping soundly, hugging a pillow.

"Hobi.... can I sleep here?" She got into the bed before he could respond.

"Horror movie?" He mumbled, making space for her anyway. Kira nodded.

"Why do you force yourself to watch them when you know it drives you crazy?"

"I had no choice." Kira sighed exasperatedly.

And just like that, Kira was never more thankful for living with her protective friends as she snuggled close to Hoseok.

-

"You're taking her and not me? Your handsome older brother?!" Jin said with fake disbelief.

"I took you there for last two years..." Hoseok said "...and you embarrassed me." He muttered under his breath. "Besides, they haven't seen Kira in a long time. Oh, and your face still has marker stains on it."

The writings and drawings were faded out in bits and parts, omitting out a few letters.

"I am sorry about that." Kira said apologetically.

Jin scowled at first but regained claiming "its okay. My face is handsome enough that it compliments anything on it."

"Sure thing, RINCES EKJIN." Kira giggled. Hoseok rushed her out of the room before Jin could chase after them.

***

The loud music in the car was giving Kira a headache and she turned it down a notch.

"Hobi, this isn't the way to your reunion, you missed a left."

"We... are not going there. I had to show you something else but Jin couldn't know so, I lied." He was hesitant. Hoseok used to be in a hip-hop dance club and he used to take either one of them for the reunion every year but this time, it was just a mere excuse to get his plan done.

"Where are we going then?" Anticipation was building into Kira's mind.

"You'll see it for yourself." Hobi smiled.

Soon, they stopped in front of a school, a small one. It was brightly decorated and a sort of fest seemed to be going on there.

"This is a school for differently abled children and they are hosting a fundraiser today." Hoseok said. A few kids recognised him and smiled brightly at him. He waved back to them and led her further inside.

A middle aged man stood by a counter, seemingly busy with helping a child. The moment he saw Hoseok, his face lighted up.

"You made it! How have you been, Jin?"

Kira stiffened. Did that man just call him Jin? Hoseok smiled back at the man and gave a subtle warning look at Kira. She shrugged and decided to play along.

"I am good. How are you, Headmaster Jung?"

"The kids are happy, I am happy." He said, ruffling the hair of the child next to him.

"That's good." Hoseok smiled. "Oh and this is my friend Minjee."

"Hello Minjee, pleased to meet you." The man bowed politely. Kira bowed back, exchanging pleasantries.

"Here. It's a tiny bit for the fund raiser." Hoseok said, handing him a cheque worth a lot of money.

"That's so nice of you." The man smiled happily. "You must have something from the children's stall."

Hoseok hesitated but looking at the man, he settled for two small cupcakes. Kira winked at the little girl who gave it to her and child giggled.

Kira and Hoseok were seated in one of the benches under the trees. It was a small school but everybody in there looked extremely happy. Kira smiled, momentarily forgetting why she was even there.

"So, why are we here?" Kira asked slowly.

Hoseok took a deep breath and smiled at her. "You see that man?" He said, pointing at the man.

"Yes? The headmaster?"

He took a deep breath again. "He is my father."

Kira's eyes widened. She looked at the man again and back at Hoseok. "How?" she whispered.

"I pulled some strings here and there. And I found him. My mother, I believe died soon after I was born. He didn't have enough money to raise a child then, he had just started this school." He vaguely motioned the school. "And that's how they..."

"Hoseok-ah..." Kira started. It was a little too much to take in.

Hoseok shook his head, smiling at Kira's face. "No, I am not sad. In fact, being put up for adoption was the best thing that could ever happen to me. I wouldn't have met my parents; I wouldn't have had a caring- handsome- older brother..." He chuckled. "I wouldn't have met my closest friend or any of the people I love now." He squeezed her hand.

"I just didn't have the courage to tell him, you know?" He said, looking down.

"I know." Kira nodded. "And it's okay." She assured him. They both sat in silence for a while.

"Jin...?" Kira trailed off.

"Doesn't know either. I didn't know how he'd take it. I don't want him to think... you know... I don't want to make him feel alone or that I don't care about... our parents... our family." He seemed doubtful of what he was saying himself.

"I understand." Kira said softly.

"I will tell him though. One day, when I am ready for it." He trailed off. Kira simply nodded.

The car ride back home was silent. Hoseok didn't say much and was lost in thoughts, looking out of the window.

"I am glad I told you." He said finally. "I was going crazy keeping it all to myself. I am glad you know."

"I am too." Kira smiled. She reached over and poked his cheek.

"Eyes on the road, Missy." He teased and laughed at her.

At that moment, Kira vowed that she'd do everything she could to keep that smile lit up on his face.

A/N: A chapter dedicated solely for my sunshine. 💛

Infinity war is out today and I am completely freaking out.