Happy

"Kira, I could really use your help

"Kira, I could really use your help." Said Jin, irritated.

"I thought we were having a lunch break?"

"That was an hour ago. Now get back to work if you don't want to work in the weekends." He said, slamming the door behind him.

"We pissed him off, didn't we?" Taehyung said, looking at Kira.

"I am afraid so."

There had been a common meeting and they'd both stayed back in the conference hall for lunch. They'd talked so much that they both lost track of time, putting Jin in a bad mood.

In fact, they'd been doing this all week. For some reason, all her grudges against him vanished when she was with him. In fact, she was comfortable with him when he wasn't acting like stuck-up jerk.

Kira had been thankful when they'd both pretended like the kiss never happened. That would have been an awkward conversation, they weren't there yet.

"We better get back to work." She confirmed and he simply nodded back.

"Coffee at five?" He asked, smiling innocently.

"Sure."

***

"No no, Deadpool is stronger than Wolverine, he would definitely win the fight." Kira said stubbornly.

"You are absolutely wrong! Have you seen Wolvie's claws?!" Jin refuted, banging his hand on the table. "Ouch." He mumbled.

"So I guess I'll be staying over at Namjoon's today." Hobi said rolling his eyes.

"Hoseok, come on. You have to side with me. You're my brother." Jin pleaded.

"Adopted." Hoseok corrected him.

"I am still older than you!" Jin exclaimed.

"Can't fight your own wars, huh? See? You're so unsure that you need his help. And obviously, he is on my side, right Hobi?" Kira interrupted.

"I don't recall saying that. I am not taking sides with either of you." Hoseok declared.

"Namjoon should have been here, he would have definitely taken my side." Jin sulked.

"Na-uh!" Kira started but remained quiet as Taehyung entered their office.

Hoseok cleared his throat and quickly went out of the office, waving a bunch of papers in his hand. Jin stared intently at his laptop as if he'd never even spoke for the whole day. Kira frowned.

"Am I interrupting something?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"Whom do you think will win a fight? Deadpool or Wolverine?" Kira asked him, unable to stop herself as Jin shot her a warning look.

"I personally think it'd be Wolverine." Said a voice which surprised them both. Jungkook entered the room, smiling politely at Kira.

Jin grinned triumphantly and stuck out a tongue at Kira, momentarily forgetting that there were others in the room.

"Very mature, Jin." Kira scoffed.

"But Iron Man will forever stay my favourite." Jungkook added.

"He's the one in the blue suit, right?" Taehyung asked being clueless.

Kira gasped in shock and looked at Taehyung as if he'd grown another head.

"What did I tell you about keeping quiet in public when it came to superheroes? Look, you've upset Minjee now." Jungkook shook his head disapprovingly and Taehyung smiled sheepishly.

"Hey, we were just heading out for Lunch. Why don't you both join? It'd be nice to finally talk to you." Jungkook smiled.

"I am sorry; I really have to get this over with." Jin said, pointing at his computer. "Maybe next time?"

Kira got the feeling he was avoiding it purposefully. Jungkook looked expectantly at Kira.

"Sure, I'll come." Kira smiled politely.

***

"I hope he hasn't been causing too much trouble in the office." Jungkook laughed at Taehyung.

"Just who is the older one again?" Taehyung scowled.

Kira laughed along with him. Jungkook was not the person she'd expected him to be. To her, he'd seemed like this hunky badass who was only interested in being the bad boy. She didn't expect either of them to be this different for that matter.

Right now, he seemed like a little bunny who was always finding reasons to annoy his elders. As for Jungkook, he enjoyed her aura and her pleasant charm.

"Jungkook, did he tell you about the time we went to a fair? He was so scared of getting onto a Ferris wheel..." Kira started. Jungkook laughed the whole time.

***

"Hyung, can I ask you a question?" Jungkook asked keeping his eyes on the moving scene outside of their car.

"Hmm?" replied Taehyung.

"You like her, don't you?"

Taehyung stayed quiet for a while. "Why do you say that?" He asked, not meeting the other's eyes.

"When you're with others, you always have this mask of pretence. You didn't have that today. I could see how comfortable you were. She genuinely makes you... happy." Jungkook finished, looking over at Taehyung.

"I- I hope not." Taehyung stuttered. "I was supposed to take revenge on her and that's what I must do."

Jungkook laughed; his sound reverberating through the walls of the car. "Hyung, life is too short for petty revenges. Besides, if that's what you really wanted, you would have done that by now. I know you."

That was 100% accurate. If there was anyone in the world who knew Taehyung in and out, that was Jungkook. He spoke of Taehyung in a way Taehyung himself didn't know about.

"I got carried away. I overestimated myself." Taehyung started.

"Or you underestimated her." Jungkook pointed out.

"I-I should have been more cautious."

"Why? You don't have to deny your feelings. If you really do like her, go for it. Screw the 'mission'.

"It' not that, Jungkook." Taehyung's face was filled with concern and maybe even a tint of fear. "The business we do... People around me get hurt because of it."

Jungkook remained silent. For once, he didn't have an answer.

A/N: I am finally done with my Exams!!

So, how have you lovelies been? I hope you smiled a lot today. 😘