Mission; Commence

Kira had heard of this untouchable underground mafia before

Kira had heard of this untouchable underground mafia before. They had served as a link to numerous other drug dealers in the city. It amazed her how discreet they were in their missions. She knew it to be a tactic; manipulating young power-thirsty men and woman to shield the core trade. It was a brilliant camouflaging technique that granted them the luxury of hiding behind the most influential youngsters in the country.

This mysterious trader had appeared numerous other times in their previous cases but they never managed to find the Alpha prime. Or rather they usually never bothered to. N-corp, Lee Logitech, Banryi enterprises, Saengmyeong ltd... The list goes on. Any powerful company with an unauthorised flow of funding had illegal biddings with this certain group.

Kira was certain that this was what kept Taehyung and Jungkook rooted to something they couldn't get rid of. Once you're in, there's no way out. They trap you for better or worse. She knew why Tae couldn't tell her anything, why he shielded her away from anything related to it. They were dangerous. But Kira had an intuition that she had accidentally stumbled upon this mystery leader and she was certain that he went by the name 'M'.

For what it is worth, Kira and Jin had a few strings to pull when they wanted assistance in their covert missions. She hit up a few of them and learnt that they had zero knowledge on the lead. That alone gave her insights on why Taehyung stood protective of her on this side business. Not only did she know him, she had also seen him upfront without any security. If she was found suspicious, she'd be in danger and she was very well aware of it. But that's exactly what kept her going.

Jin and Hoseok had caught a flight to LA earlier that morning, leaving only a note on her nightstand. When she enquired why she was left out of it, they reasoned that it was an emergency and that they didn't want to wake her up. Above that, they were accompanied by Taehyung too. With Jungkook stuck in Tokyo for the while, not only was she in charge of her own company but she also had to take care of their combined project. Kira had a feeling that she was going to be sleepless for the next two weeks... all for two hours of extra naptime.

As burdening as it was, she was looking forward to it. Especially with all the men out of the city, she had time to squeeze in some effort for the 'side' work. All that said, it was not going anywhere.

She took a deep breath and smiled at the man. Her last strand of hope had just faded away.

"If I get anything, I'll let you know but I wouldn't count on it."

"I understand." Kira nodded. She thanked him and shook his hand.

Her phone vibrated, alerting her of a call from Jimin. She rolled her eyes.

"Yes. Jiminie. For the millionth time, I'm fine. You do know that I'm a grown woman who can take care of herself, right?"

"I do but with Jin and Hoseok away...."

"If it is of any consideration, I'm the one that usually takes care of them. Maybe you should check up on them." She walked briskly out of the parking lot.

"Fine, alright. I wish I could be there right now."

"It's okay, we'll meet up as soon as you get back." Her eyes trailed the red car which seemed like her final line just hit a dead end.

She hesitated. With Taehyung completely out of the city, this was her rare chance of researching in peace. Not that she had any hopes of getting anywhere... unless...

"Jiminie? I need to ask you for a favour."

***

"Minnie, I am not comfortable with this. It's too risky."

"Please? Consider it precaution."

"If something happens, the precaution won't matter and it'd be too late for a cure."

"Jimin, I am worried. Taehyung... he seems troubled and I want to help." She lied. Sure, it was an added reason but the thrill of getting on a mission put her on a delightful mood.

Kira walked with a new found vigour.

"Promise me you'll be careful and that you won't get into trouble."

"Promise." Kira smiled.

"I don't really know much about this person either. But I do know that he was once associated with a company called 'June Ray'.The one that was involved in a scam years ago?"

"Associated... how?"

"I'm not sure." He admitted.

Kira nodded her head. "Anything else?"

He was silent for a while.

"Jiminie, please?"

He let out a confused breath. "Their most overpriced item is called the 'Stardust'. It's highly addictive and powerful. It's very limited in stock and precious enough that the sale of that particular deal is overseen by either Taehyung and Jungkook or even M himself."

"Whoa. Tae and Kook are that important?" Kira blinked.

"You have no idea. All the more reasons why I don't want you near all of this."

Kira smiled sheepishly. Knowing Kira well enough, he knew that she was somehow a magnet for danger.

"I can't thank you enough, Jiminie. I owe you."

"Well, if we're listing the things you owe me. We've a long list."

"I know I know." Kira chuckled.

"Take care, little sis. I hope I can get there soon. I don't like having you wandering around alone at times like this."

"You worry too much."

"That comes with being an elder brother, Minnie. Do me a favour and try staying out of trouble."

"I'll try."

With that, the line went silent.

She moved the phone away from her ear and stood staring at her Home screen. It was a candid picture of her and Taehyung. He sat grinning in a bright maroon sweater and she sat on his lap, her head thrown back in laughter. It was a happy day and neither of them had seen the sneaky camera that Jungkook held. For what it's worth, they had received an amazing picture.

With a new ray of hope waiting to be explored, Kira dialled down a number and waited for an answer. Kira almost had a solid idea on how to plan her next moves.

"Minjee! What's up?"

"Hey Cherry. I need to ask you for a favour."

A/N: Exams :(