Heedless Warnings

Taehyung went still, unable to process the change of situations

"You. Give me all you have or I'll hurt her." He pressed the knife closer at her throat. Kira was looking at Taehyung, her breathing getting irregular.

Taehyung wanted to react bravely, he wanted to beat the crap out of that guy but with Kira so close to danger, he didn't want to risk it.

"What's taking you so long, boy? Hurry up!!" The man persisted.

Taehyung patted over his pants to find his wallet. Before he could pull it out, he heard Kira sigh deeply, earning his bewildered look.

"You have got to be kidding me." Kira scowled.

"Shut up or I'll-"

The man was cut off in-between his words. Kira gripped his arm tight, catching him off-guard. She twisted his hands behind his back and he yelled out in pain. The knife clattered onto the floor harmlessly. She kneed him in the back and he pathetically fell on his knees. Before he could move his other hand, she grabbed and twisted it behind his back too.

Taehyung stood there wordless, staring at them with his hands frozen mid-way pulling out a wallet.

"Leave me!! If my people hear about this they'll-" The man tried.

"They'll do nothing. It would barely take us a minute to get you and your whole 'gang' into custody." Kira growled.

She didn't have to say much before he started pleading for mercy. "I've got no choice. I have to feed my family." He whined.

"Then feed them right. Get yourself an actual job. You might start out low but it'll help you live in dignity." She paused for a while. "If you're lucky, you might find yourself a job at the Golden shopping complex." She added.

She let him go and he hurried off, not even pausing to take his knife back.

Taehyung seemed to resemble a wax statue. He was completely unmoving and his perfect skin complimented it more.

"Shall we go?" Kira asked.

He made a little noise that  barely sounded humanly. "I've seen you beat someone up before. But that was badass. He had a knife, how did you not get scared?" Taehyung asked, genuinely impressed.

"Let's just be glad he didn't have a gun." Was all Kira could say.

***

"I guess this is it." Kira said, looking at her apartment.

"Yeah, I guess."

"You better stick to your deal." Kira said, pulling her coat tighter to fight the cold.

"About that, I have a confession to make."

"Hmm?"

He took a deep breath. "Alcohol was never actually an addiction for me. It was one of those pretence I put up to fit in." He chuckled, letting out a puff of air. "God I sound stupid."

Kira remained quite, giving him time to speak.

"I was too consumed by thought of having to keep a 'badboy' facade that I didn't realise I was in fact doing the opposite. But now, I feel as if I can think more clearly."

Kira looked deep into his eyes.

"No one cared enough to call me out on it. And if you hadn't brought it up, I probably wouldn't have even thought about it either." He continued. "So, I just wanted to say thank you." He finished, averting his eyes.

Kira smiled and a profound sense of happiness washed over her. Instinctively, without even thinking, she leaned on her tip-toes and lightly pecked the corner of his unbelievably soft lips.

She could see his eyes widening and his lips were lightly parted, being equally shocked as she was at her gesture.

"I have to go now. Good night." She said and hurried off into the apartment building.

Taehyung found himself frozen yet again. Slowly, he smiled to himself and willingly let the pink hue flow to his cheeks.

***

"Why him? Why Kim Taehyung out of all the people?" Namjoon asked as Kira plopped herself next to him on the couch. The heat that had rushed to her face was slowly subsiding, replaced by the coldness of Namjoon's voice. Both Jin and Hoseok had already gone to bed and he sat watching a random documentary on TV.

"I... honestly don't know. It all happened so soon that I didn't even know what was happening. Besides, aren't you friends with him?"

Namjoon nodded slowly. "I am. How did you both meet?" Kira couldn't help but notice the stiffness in his replies.

"Ah, that's a long story." Said Kira, not having the energy to talk much.

"This is not good. I won't encourage you going out with him." Namjoon said slowly.

Kira raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"I've known him for quite a while. And he's a really good friend of mine but he's not boyfriend material. I've never seen him going out with a girl more than once. He's all about one-night stands." Namjoon concluded.

"That's funny." Kira thought for a moment. "This was actually our third date."

Namjoon's expression hardened for a split-second, any suggestive emotion hidden perfectly behind a small dimpled smile.

"I see."

A/N: Three more exams to go but I couldn't help myself from publishing a chapter. I should probably go study now. 🙄