Hurricane

Taehyung staggered as the looming figure of Jungkook hurled himself onto his now fatigued body

Taehyung staggered as the looming figure of Jungkook hurled himself onto his now fatigued body. The younger one was more broadly built and Taehyung groaned as he buckled under the crushing force. He managed to partly subvert the weight by pushing the younger one to the side. Jungkook now stood directly above him, his hands busy grappling Taehyung's shirt. Taehyung felt his body lift up from the ground and his jaws shuddered from the other's punch. He was going in for another one but Taehyung blocked it, using the grip to drive the other one away. He grabbed Jungkook by the throat and pushed him harshly onto the wall. The young one let out a howl of anguish as punches rained on him.

They were both spent. Blood smeared all over their bodies, fresh cuts opening with each new act of assault. What started out as a misunderstanding eventually grew into an argument which later evolved into a full-blown fist fight. The few men who were in the building knew better than to interfere. They had seen this coming; they've been witnessing the seeds of resentment being sown into the younger one for weeks and they were sure it'd sprout up into this exact moment. All it took was a small disagreement.

They were both at each other's throat now; blindly throwing and taking punches from one another. Taehyung panted hard, his eyes gleaming dangerously with spite. He knew he couldn't hold much longer. He was strong but Jungkook was stronger. Just as he fisted his fingers, a booming voice filled the room.

"Enough." Said M.

The duo breathed hard, staring intensely at each other while their hands fisted each other's shirt.

"You swore it wouldn't meddle with the trade." Jungkook seethed through his front teeth.

"You swore you'd break it off as soon as it started affecting this." He yelled, his voice resonating across the room.

"And I did." Taehyung replied; his words raspy from the physical exertion.

"What?"

"I broke it off with her." Taehyung spat out.

Jungkook's gaze wavered as if suddenly breaking out of a trance. His grip loosened and he stumbled a little as Taehyung let go of him with force.

"It's over now."

Taehyung gulped, his eyes darting back and forth between Jungkook and M. He watched as the older man walked over to him. He stood utterly still as M held him in a light embrace, his hands patting his rigid back. Taehyung grit his teeth, eyes closing in his attempt of self-restraint.

"You did the right thing." M murmured.

***

Kira unlocked her phone for the umpteenth time, hoping that it would somehow magically start ringing. She tapped open the chat box and saw her pile of messages left unread. She switched it off, only to open them again in a few minutes. It had been three days and all her desperate attempts at contact seemed futile. She realised that the only thing she could do now was to wait. If she couldn't get him on phone maybe she could catch him walking at work. She sighed and switched the lights off.