Rage

Kira breathed hard, her chest heaving in pressure

Kira breathed hard, her chest heaving in pressure. Sweat trickled down her temple and tickled her chin. Various parts of her body hurt and she was sure that her face had a soon-to-purple bruise. She set her arms in front of her, letting her opponent know that was she was ready again.

She was facing against an energetic Hoseok who seemed like he could go on all day. She had just taken down Jin with a well prepared liver shot and he sat observing them, clutching his ribs with an ungloved hand. It had taken a lot out of her to bring Jin down and she wondered how she was going to face off against her new opponent with her remaining depleted strength.

It was almost as if they were warming up; putting out predictable moves while the other countered. Kira wanted just enough time to recharge before she could take on more severe blows again. Jab. Jab. Miss. Hook. Block. Counter. Block. Jab. Hook. Weave. Jab. Jab.

Just as she mentally prepared herself for a more serious round, Taehyung's familiar figure appeared along the doorway. Kira was confused. Why was he here of all places? She could find the similar perplexity mirrored on his face before it turned to that of horror. Kira got to know why. Just as she averted her gaze back to Hoseok, his gloved fist was already at her abdomen.

She fell on her knees as all the breath seemed to get stuck in her chest. She coughed hard and struggled to regain her breathing. He had aimed for the spot right under her chest but had somehow missed it, positioning it lower than expected.

"Awww got distracted by your pretty boyfriend?" Hoseok sniggered. "I wonder how you're gonna make out with a swollen lip." Competitive Hoseok was merciless, he kept his snarky teases rolling as Kira gritted her teeth.
"Kira, keep your head in the game. Focus. Even a second of distraction can be fatal, remember?" Jin spoke from the other side. She silently thanked him for his encouragement but her spirits were already fired.
She got back up again, looking sternly at Hoseok. "Watchu gonna do, lil Kira? Run and hide and under his shirt?"

Kira readied her stance and moved in on the offense. Hoseok blocked them perfectly well and managed to keep her engaged. She needed a plan and she had to do it quick. Hoseok was charging at her on full power; his punches were harder to block and he moved with confidence knowing that she was getting weaker by the second.

Seeing that it would be now or never; Kira pulled her right leg towards her chest, pivoted her hips to get the right angle and extended her leg at him with precision. A roundhouse kick. As expected, his hands automatically moved to block it. Blocking a kick is strenuous and most times, it's painful. Despite that, he managed to block it without inflicting as much damage on himself. Kira heard Jin whistle in awe from the sides. This was her opening. Hoseok was trying hard not to reveal how much pain he was actually in but his strong stance was now clearly wavery. She jabbed left and right, leaving him no choice but to block them. She brought her leg upward as if to do another kick, but right as he readied himself for it, she pushed her leg backwards and hopped while delivering a powerful jab to his face. A superman punch.

Within seconds, Hoseok was laying flat on his back. Kira watched as he groaned and struggled to keep his eyes open. She waited for a few seconds and seeing that he was not planning to get up, heaved a sigh in relief. She plopped on the mat, and pulled Hoseok up.

"Nice one." He grinned.

"Your gloating helped." She chuckled breathlessly.

"I'm definitely joining the next time." Taehyung walked over to them. He apparently had an appointment with Jin and was asked to meet there.

Kira looked at him bewildered.

"Don't look so surprised. I know some moves." He winked.

"Whoa. How come I never knew?"

"Probably because you never asked."

"You have a point." Kira agreed.

"Listen, Minjee. There's this really important dinner tomorrow. Mr. Wook of Heritage Exports ltd. He hosts it every year for a close circle of people. I need you to come with me."

"Sure." Kira said uncertainly.

"Great." He winked before catching up with Jin.

***

Jungkook gritted his teeth and let the anger flow through him. He punched the wall and felt himself quiver as the pain reverberated through his fist. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Don't beat yourself up, child. It's alright to mess up once in a while." Said the middle-aged man, leaning back on his chair. He was watching the young man intensely, studying each movement.

"But I got so close!" Jungkook couldn't help but raise his voice, unable to control the rage within him.

"Easy there, kid. It's not your fault. You tried your best." M said nonchalantly.

At that, Jungkook paused. His gaze went distant as he got lost in an epiphany. "You're right. It is not my fault." His words were laced with venom. "It's his fault."

The older man's lips tugged upward subtly.

"It was his fault. He screwed up. Now that I think of it, he has been screwing up a lot lately."

M sighed deeply. "It concerns me. He has been... different, ever since that girl showed up."

"That bitch has him wrapped around her little fingers." Jungkook flinched at his own bluntness.

"Young love does that to you. Very few manage to keep a clear head and not get lost in it."

"But I admired Taehyung, respected him. I never thought he'd let something like her interfere with us... with you."

"I'll take care of him." M paused. "Love comes unprepared. It got to me too, remember? Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll be enticed by it too."

"Don't you dare fucking say that." Jungkook's eyes had fire in them. The older man raised an eyebrow. It was not often that the younger ones swore in front of him.

"You had a family; but that never stopped you from being who you are. Taehyung is weak, he let it change him. But I am not him. I am not an emotional fool that lets his guard down just as a whore shows up. Do you know how much I hate pretending to like her? It takes everything in me to not strangle her brittle neck."

M chuckled lightly. "Save the anger for later, child. You'll need it. Until then, I want you to do something important. I cannot put faith in Taehyung...for now. But you're with me, aren't you?"

"Always." Said Jungkook, eager to prove himself better.

"Good." Said M; a small venomous smile playing on his lips.

A/N: A month without uploading she comes back with a filler. But for real tho, I've started writing regularly again and I'll hopefully update sooner. For those of you who still stick with me, I'm really sorry that I don't show how grateful I am. Ya'll deserve the whole world. 🙈