Breathless

Taehyung almost fled the country in fear

Taehyung almost fled the country in fear. He was seconds away from speeding back to the comfortable neverland of his bed in full gear. 'Get a grip, you moron.' He muttered to himself as he turned off the ignition. He whipped out his phone and dialed her contact with shaky hands.

First Ring.

Nothing.

Second Ring.

His heart rate sped up.

Third Ring.

His eyes traveled to the cluster of windows on the wall of her apartment complex. She had waved to him a few times before from there and now, he precisely knew which one was hers. Darkness was the only thing that greeted him now.

Fourth Ring.

His hammering heart was screaming like a falsely imprisoned madman.

Fifth Ring.

His eyes dropped, his heart weighed heavy and he felt lightheaded; he almost pulled his phone away.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?"

Her groggy voice answered from the other line. "It's one, Taehyung and people like me usually sleep at one."

He could barely contain his excitement as he tried to speak casually. "Come out. And wear something warm."

He could almost hear her eyes rolling from the other side.

"Seriously? Did you not hear what I just said? No can do, pretty boy. Buh-bye."

And just like that, the line went into a monotonous beep.

He decided to wait. Something told him that women, no matter how strong-hearted, found it hard not to give into their curiosity.

Ten minutes passed; there was no sign of movement.

Twenty Minutes and it still looked dark.

On the thirtieth minute, the light flickered on and he saw a faint shadow move by.

Wanting to look cool, he hurriedly composed himself and leaned on the motorcycle. He tied his arms on his chest and tried for a smoulder. 'Lose the smoulder.' A voice said within him, and he quickly went for looking far away instead. He tried his best to act normal when he saw a bundled up figure pushing out through the huge glass door.

He smirked in triumph as he clearly saw her deliberate effort to not gawk at him.

"Geez man, do you never stop looking like a model? Like it's literally one thirty in the morning."

He could understand why she would say that. He was clad in a shiny black leather jacket with all sorts of other black garments he could find from his closet. Not to mention, his vehicle was a beast in all its Harley Davidson glory. He simply chuckled back in reply, partially afraid that he'd ruin his perfect demeanour by saying something senseless.