Chapter 5 - Easy to crack

Castiel's PoV

When I arrived home, I went straight to the kitchen. Ignoring the maid's greeting.

The sound of the dishes in the sink, which were getting washed by someone, filled the room. But that wasn't it all. While two other maids were folding some fabrics on the kitchen island, Tessa was humming a song. My steps became slower and my movement softer. I didn't want her to stop, it was beautiful.

The others noticed me, but I gestured with my finger on my lips to remain silent. I sneaked behind the raven haired maid, leaning on the kitchen island and started to listen to her humming. Eventually she opened her mouth to sing in a low voice.

"Little do you know, I - need a little more time. Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside. I've been holding back, for the fear that you might change your mind. I'm ready to forgive you but forgetting is a harder fight...Little do you know I - need a little more time"

I turned back to see the maids who were watching her with awe. I couldn't help but smile, when I turned over to look at the little Angel again, who makes others in our house smile.

"Alex and Sierra did great with that song." I said suddenly and made her jump. Her jolt caused a plate to fly, I caught it smiling and handing it back to her, after I saw how she opened her eyes when she realized that there is no crash.

"I'm sorry-" I said, holding back to laugh loud "I didn't mean to scare you." she looked at me with wide hazel eyes, holding her breath.

"Would you breath eventually?" and then she let out the breath she was holding. Her expression relaxing completely "You scared the soul out of me." she said softly.

"I hope it's back?" I sang and walked to place myself beside her, grabbing the dry cloth to help her with drying the dishes. I heard the maids giggle, behind my back. But I didn't care, I was always like this. I helped the cooks to make us dinner, I helped the maids to clean up our bedrooms and I helped the nanny to take care of Sammy, when she didn't know how to calm him. I did that, because my mother always did that too. She never wanted anyone to feel uncomfortable in our house. This is our home, no one is supposed to live here and not feeling like it's not a home. Our employees live in an extra dorm, a compartment of our villa. So the money they get, won't get lost for rent or something. It's their's.

"Thank you." Tessa whispered, when she turned back to the sink and continued.

"Don't thank me. I told you, I am different." I grinned at her and she just rolled her eyes at me, but smiled.

"Yeah, you said that... How was your first day, sir?" she tried to stay formal. I kept drying the dish with a pout.

"It was a hard day, the homicide got really the most stressing jobs." I commented.

"It's the homicide after all. What did you expect? robberies?" she said giggling, which made me grin. Just a bit and she will let out her cheeky self out.

"No, no. I don't even know what I expected." I said and silence filled our conversation "Ah, that reminds me," this time I was the one who couldn't stand the silence "have you seen Balthazar or Hannah around?" I asked and she nodded "They are in the office, looking through some papers." she answered.

I helped her to finish the dishes before I went to the office, where she told me Balt and Hannah were.

I stepped inside and saw them sitting on the big table in the middle of the room. Hannah looked really concentrated with the papers she was having in front of her, while Balthazar was just drinking and looking through the room, very very very bored.