e i g h t

||3rd Person Point of View...||

It had been just over two weeks since Clarissa Fairchild and Jace Herondale had seen each other last. Two weeks since Clarissa revealed her biggest and most darkest secret.

In those 15 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes, and 37 seconds and counting both shadow-hunters were feeling strong emotions, both similar yet different at the same time.

Clarissa was angry at herself for letting the man she she hated with very fiber of her beating know the one thing that she never wanted him to know. And Jace, he was feeling several emotions at once.

Happiness-for he had a child with the woman he believed he loved the most.

Sadness-for he had missed almost five years of his child's life already and they were now gone.

Finally, anger-for the mother of his child did not tell him about his child and said child was now gone. So, he searched for her for his so desperately needed answers, and searched, and searched, and searched until he finally found her again-after much explaining and begging.

Now, as he stood in front of her large house's front door he replayed their last encounter in his head.

He stood there shocked at the words that escaped from Clary's mouth. Trying to process the sentence that was just previously spoken to him.

"Clary, " He spoke, slowly coming out of his shocked state "what are you talking about"

Clary sniffles and takes a deep breath as if this was the hardest thing in the world to do.

"He took my son" she said with a angry yet depressed face. They had a son and Jace could he happier with one thought repeating in his mind:

He was a father.

But Clarissa was feeling anything but happiness as she stood in the now drizzle of rain, boiling over in anger.

Soon she was yelling at Jace again "He came and took my baby and I blame you! If you could've just kept it in your pants, I would have never came here and my son would still be with me!"

A flash of hurt crossed his face but it was gone as soon as it came.

In a strangely calm voice but still shaky, he spoke "Clary, who took our son?"

"My son!" She hissed venomously.

"Well, you see Clary he is as much as mine as yours because my blood is also running through his veins. And I do believe I had a some part in creating Jace jr." an arrogant smirk painted across his face that made the Fairchild angrier. Honestly, Jace has no idea why he was saying any of this but there was something about Clary that made him shut down all his feelings because it made him feel weak.

"Are you serious?! Did you literally just try and name my son after y-"

Then something clicked in Clary's head, something that would make him boil over and feel her pain. She then soon had her own knowing look on her face with a smile planted on her face that just screamed creepy! As she stare off into space with her thoughts Jace's whole mood seemed to change.

"Clary," he said cautiously "Is it that time of the month because that was a really quick mood change." he say with genuine curiosity.

"No, you idiot!" She glared at him "I just realized I know something that will make you angry and guilty."