t w e n t y

||3rd Person Point of View...||

She was gone. Again.

He had finally gotten her back in his grasp, into his life and then she was gone.

Again.

Jace Herondale was heartbroken.

It had been exactly 3 hours since Clarissa had left her family behind. In that time, nobody had dared to speak word. They were all to shaken by the previous events. The adults had cleaned up the house as best they could, put the kids to bed in William's room, put up new and stronger wards around the house, and all found spare rooms to sleep in. While the rest of the house slept, the Herondales were wide awake.

William Herondale stared blankly at the mural painted on his walls, a mural painted by his own mother. He had watched her paint it for months. At first it was just a simple drawing on one wall with her pencil, it quickly became something more than that. Soon enough, his mothers pencils became paint and then two walls, then three, and soon enough his whole room was being painted. Clarissa had moved him into her room until she was completely finished. Everyday, while he was in his studies, his mother would be in this very room painting as much as her little heart desired. There was always something new when he saw it.

When she was finished, he asked used to ask what everything meant in the painting because she used to tell him everything had a meaning even the simplest things.

"It's a story." She used to answer him.

So everyday since then, he studied his walls, imagining everything in his head as the stories he read in his books. Will soon noticed that his mother didn't paint their faces. He studied the wall that had the impeccably short red haired girl and the brunette boy with glasses standing in front of a building with the words PANDEMONIUM written boldly across the top. Two boys both blonde and raven haired with a raven haired girl. To the Asian man on the wall, with glowing hands and cat like eyes, to the building that read HOTEL DUMORT filled with pale men and woman and furry beasts. To the fiery red head talking to the angel on the wall.

His personal favorite was the red haired girl and the blonde boy locked in a passionate embrace, what seemed like hundreds of glowing flowers engulfing them.

What the smallest Herondale didn't know was that this was his mothers story, never being able to connect the dots. This was the story of how he eventually came to be.

William look away from the painting to glance at his cousins that laid next to him in his rather large bed. He rubbed his eyes tiredly before quietly leaving the bed then his room and walking down the hall to an all to familiar room.

His tiny fingers took the door knob in his grasp and twisted, causing a loud creak to come from the door. The Herondale's tiny feet padded against the floor rapidly but quietly to jump on the bed that was inhabited by his father.

"Dad?" William whispered, staring at the sleeping man that golden hair similar to his own "Daddy?"

When he still didn't answer, William took it upon himself to crawl in the bed and yell in his ear.

Jace shot up from his resting position, looking around frantically for the source of the noise. "Will?" He asked, finally acknowledging his sons presence "What's wrong?"

"You promised." William whispered, his bottom lip trembling as the beginning of tears sprouted in his eyes.

"Will," Jace's face softened, as he attempted to take Will in his arms.

William pushed him away, tears falling down his face willingly as he banged on Jace's chest like a bongo "No! No! You promised! You promised you wouldn't let him hurt mommy! You promised! You promised!"

The youngest Herondale finally collapsed against his fathers chest, whispering in a broken cry "You promised."

"I know, Will." Jace whispered, stroking his sons golden hair "I'm going to get her back and Sebastian will never hurt us again, Alright?"

William nodded, wiping his tear stained cheeks as he snuggled further into Jace's chest, surprising the older Herondale. Whenever he crawled into the bed with him and Clary, he always cuddled closer to his mother. It hurt Jace of course, but he understood. He hadn't been there for the first five years of his life. He had missed everything, of course he trusted his mother more.