Chapter 24

A/N
I was so sad while writing this. I'm so sorry for doing this to you guys. I feel like crying
:(

Dedicated to my one of the craziest, yet funniest close friend I have! queennerd30

Thanks for publishing this part of my story, while I was busy!! Go follow her! She has really good book recommendations!!!

~Star

*Michael's P.O.V*

I'm sitting on a bench waiting for the guys to bring Alison to the beach so I could propose. I had rose petals thrown on the boardwalk in the shape of a heart. Then in string lights I was able to write out 'Will You Marry Me?'. It was all really cheesy, but this had to be a memorable moment. An ambulance passed by with the lights and sirens on to signal other cars to move out of the way. I silently pray for the person in the ambulance. Hoping the person gets to the hospital okay and everything goes well for them. Suddenly a ringing distracts me and I look to my phone in my hands. I see Luke's name flash onto my screen and I immediately answer.

"Lucas. Where are you guys? I've been waiting for half an hour. Did you get lost? I swear I'm never letting you drive again." I hear sobbing on the other end of the line, coming from Luke. Panic immediately arises in my body. "Are you guys alright? Did something happen? Where's Alison?"

"I'm so s-sorry Michael. We were doing just fine, but the car didn't see us. I s-swear I didn't do it on purpose. I was driving as safe as p-possible. I'm sorry." He continues to sob.

"Where's Alison?" Anger and anxiety are now taking over my body and I feel like I'm in a dream.

"We're at the hospital. The truck hit the back side of the car where Ash and A-Alison we're sitting. They didn't have their seatbelts on Mike..."

"No..." I whisper into the phone. I hang up.

"No, no, no, no. This was not supposed to happen. NO!" I scream. I kick the lights out of my way and people start to look at me like I'm a mad man. I was supposed to propose. I was supposed to say a cheesy speech. She was supposed to cry and hug me and say yes. I was supposed to kiss her. Now she's in a hospital because Luke had to be a fucking idiot and mess it up. It had begun to drizzle and I decided to run to the nearest hospital. When I got there I walked (more like ran) up to the receptionist.

"I'm looking for Alison Grace."

"One moment sir." She starts typing on the computer looking for her file.

"Yes. She is in surgery right now.."

"SURGERY? It was that bad?"

"Yes. She had extensive internal bleeding and a major concussion. She came in with an Ashton Irwin who is also in surgery. And their friends Luke and Calum are in the waiting room."

"Thank you miss." She nodded and continued typing on the computer. I followed the signs to the waiting room. I saw Luke who had stitches on his forehead and Calum sitting right next to him. Calum had cuts all over his face. I walked up to them and they stood up quickly.

"I'm so sorry Michael." Luke said with pleading eyes.

"Yeah. We're so sorry." Calum said.