Chapter 26

*Michael's P.O.V*

"So she's able to go home today?"

"Yes she is. I advise that she go home with you. Seeing as she does not have all her memories, it's best to try and live as normal as possible. This will maybe jog her memories and they will be able to come back."

"Thank you Dr. Thredson."

"It is my job Michael. I will fetch her discharge papers and then you can be on your way." I nodded and the doctor walked out of the room. I look over at Alison and see a grin plastered on her face.

"We can go home princess." I say. I leaned over to kiss her forehead. She hums in response to my touch. She has let me be more affectionate toward her. She is remembering bits and pieces of me, and the band all together. I still haven't kissed her though. I know it will make her uncomfortable. I don't push her for anything. I know that we should wait. It will come to her soon. Or at least I hope it does. The guys and I had to move to penthouse we rented for a few nights. It was closer to the stadium where we were performing tomorrow and we figured it would be best. The doctor comes back into the room and hands Alison the papers. She signs them and me and the guys grab her bags as she changes. Luke, had taken all the bags down and Calum was helping Ashton down. When she comes out she is wearing a grey wool sweater with a black mini skirt and knee high boots.

I walked over to her and press my forehead against hers

"You look beautiful princess."

"Thank you Mikey." We downstairs hand in hand, but in silence. We got into the van and I had made sure her seatbelt was on. After annoying everyone I announced that we could finally drive to the penthouse. Alison continued to look out the window and her eyebrows began to furrow. I knew she was trying to remember. She always made a face.

"Please don't strain yourself. It's not good for you. You will remember soon enough. Don't worry." She nods and I interlaced our fingers together. When we reached the front of the building, it was swarming with people. Alison's eyes widen in fear.

"Who ticked off the fucking paps?" I grit my teeth. Calum looks at me and shrugs his shoulders. We had only one bodyguard with us, but it wasn't enough for us all.

"I'm so sorry Alison. I didn't want you to come home like this but I guess someone said something about you and Ashton coming home."

"It's fine Michael. I know it wasn't your fault Mikey.." Her voice trails off and she gulps. They had begun to take pictures of the van, just waiting for us to get out.

"Calum go in front with Ashton. Luke you can go behind them. Me and Alison will follow behind you guys." They nod and we prepare for the walk from the car to the doors of the building. The paps could get a bit pushy when they don't get what they want. Everyone gets out of the car and Alison and I follow behind. When the door of the car opens, we are greeted with blinding lights.

"Michael how is Alison?"

"Is it true that she lost her memories Michael?"

"Why are you dressed like that Miss Grace?" Questions keep being thrown at us but we ignore them. I wrap my arms around Alison and pull her with me. I reach for the door only to feel myself being pulled. Alison had been pulled into the sea of people and she had tried to hold onto me.

"Alison are you willing to answer a few questions?"

"Alison have you fully recovered?"

"Are you just looking for attention? I mean the length of that skirt is just.." I grab her arm and pull her so she is facing me. She buries her head into my chest and uses my jacket to cover her face.

"You people are a bunch of sick fucks. I can't believe you would ever talk to my girlfriend like that. She just got out of the hospital and shouldn't have to deal with idiotic questions. You guys should have a little more respect for her." Alison and I continue the rest of the walk back to the building. After entering, I sit her down on the nearest bench. I squat down so that she sees my face. She has her hands in her face, not even acknowledging my presence.

"Im sorry Ali. I know you might be scared but it's over now." I hug her as tight as I can. "It's all over. You can take a nice warm bath in the tub. Please tell me you're alright."

"I'm fine. It was just scary. I'll be fine. That bath sounds nice. Will you be joining me?" I look at her stunned.

"What?" I ask.

"We used to take baths together all the time. With bubbles and some candles. I think it would be a nice stress reliever."

"You remembered something."

"I remembered everything Michael." She looks at me and a smile spreads across her face.

"Since when?"

"Earlier, when the paps were bombarding us I was blinded by the lights. Then I remembered the accident and suddenly everything just came back to me at once. At first I didn't kno-" I suddenly pressed my lips onto hers. I was filled with joy. She had finally remembered. She smiles halfway into the kiss and I press kisses all around her face.

"Mikey stop it."

"No. I'm so happy. I didn't know if you were ever going to remember everything."

"But I did, Michael. Now we can go back to the way things were. You don't have to worry about me." I nod and we head into the elevator.

"You still have to take a bath with me."

"Of course. Anything you want princess." Relief washed over me. 'We could go back to the way things were'. Those words were replaying in my head like a broken record. I don't want to go back to the way things were. I needed to talk to someone. After many floors the elevator doors finally opened. We walked on the white tiles toward our shared bedroom. I placed the bags near our bed and had decided to run the bath.

"You get ready, I'll just fix the bath." She nods and I head to the bathroom. I turn on the water and make sure it is warm. I light some candles and set them around the bathroom. I throw some bubbles in there, because why not. Alison had walked in with a robe on her. I take of my shirt and everything else and get in the tub. Alison climbs in after me. She lays on me, facing the opposite direction. I begin to trace circles in her skin and she hums. We just lay in silence. I think about the words that still haven't left my mind. I wanted to take things a step further, but would this be too much? Is it too early to do this? What if she thinks it's too early? What if she's not ready?

"Princess?" She hums, signaling me to continue.

"Do you want a future with me?"

"Haven't we already established that Michael? Of course I do."

"But we're so young. Don't you think it's a little early to take out relationship to the next level?"

"I think it's never too early. If you truly love someone, you shouldn't waste any time. I say go for it before it's too late." I nod. That gave me all the satisfaction I needed. I had a plan, and I couldn't wait for it to commence.