Chapter 4

*Alison's P.O.V*

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I sat up on the bed and realized where I was. I was at Michael's hotel room. I got out of the bed and headed toward the door. When I opened it I was Michael over at the stove cooking something.

"Michael.." I whispered. He turned around and smiled.

"I'm making some breakfast. Hope your hungry."

"I am. Thank you. Listen, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to drag you into my mess. Also, sorry for taking over your bed. I thought I would've waken up and gone home, but apparently not." He left the stove and walked over to me. He cupped my cheek with his hand and rubbed his thumb against it.

"I told you. It's not your fault. I couldn't let you handle that by yourself. Don't worry about taking over the bed, I slept on the sofa. I didn't mind it."

"Thank you for everything Michael."

"Don't worry about it." He brought me into a hug and then walked back to the stove to continue cooking.

"By the way, do you have some clothes and a towel I could borrow? I want to take a quick shower."

"Yeah. There's a closet in my room with some clothes and an extra towel. Just grab anything you need."

"Thank you." I walked back to the room and looked through the closet. I grabbed a towel and looked through his clothes. I took his black Jack Daniels t-shirt and some shorts. I headed to the bathroom. I turned the water on for a bath and started getting undressed. Then I climbed into the tub and began to wash my hair and body. The bath had relaxed me a bit. I decided to scroll through Twitter to distract me. While scrolling through, I saw a photo. The paps had taken a photo of Michael when he punched Harry. I kept scrolling and saw more and more pictures. They were everywhere.

"Shit." I whispered to myself. We hadn't even realized that they had taken any photos. I finished my bath and got dressed. I walked back to the main living space and saw Michael sitting on the couch with two plates of food on the coffee table in front of him. He grabbed a plate and handed me the other one.

"Michael. Have you checked Twitter?" I asked. I grabbed the fork on my plate and began to eat.

"No. Not since yesterday. Why?"

"They took a picture of you and Harry."

"Fuck." He sighed.

"I'm sorry. I feel so bad because now everyone's talking about it. Also people are talking about me. They saw us walking back to the hotel together."

"It's not your fault love. I'll talk to the guys about what I should do about the pictures with Harry. As for the rumors about you, why are you worried about that?"

"I don't want people to start talking about me. I'm just not used to the attention Michael. This happens to you all the time but I'm just some girl."

"If you want I'll talk to the press. Tell them you're just a friend and nothing more." I cringed at his choice of words. Just a friend. Is that how he really thinks about me? I think I've just been friend zoned by Michael Clifford.

"Um, I have to get to school."

"Okay. I'll get you an Uber."

"You don't have to Michael. It's fine. I can walk."

"You're not going anywhere by yourself. I'm not letting you."

——————————————————

School went great. Except for the occasional stares from some girls, but overall great. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket.

To Mikey🎸;
Hey! Just got out of school and I'm heading home. If you're not doing anything, mind coming over? I'm a little nervous being by myself.

From Mikey🎸;
Sure. I'll be over later, still talking with the press. I'll send Luke over to keep you company for now.

I put my phone back in my pocket and walked home. When I finally reached my house I saw Luke sat on the front step on his phone.

"Hi Luke." I said. He got up and put his phone in his jacket.

"Hey Ali. How've you been?"

"Michael told you?" I asked.

"Yeah. He told all of us. I'm sorry you had to go through something so traumatic." Suddenly, Luke got recognized by a group of people. He took some photos with them but someone then alerted the paps. They swarmed in front of my house. The flashes from the cameras blinded me and I didn't know what to do.

"Hey, you! Are you and Michael a thing?"

"Miss, I thought you were with Michael? What are you doing with Luke?"

"Luke look over here!" I took my keys out and began to fumble with them. Luke took me into his arms and lead me through the crowd. I opened the door quickly and we both went inside.

"Holy shit..How do you guys deal with that all the time?"

"You learn to get used to it." He said. I lead him to my living room and he sat down on the couch.

"Hey Ali, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Luke.." I sat down next to him.

"You do realize that you deserve better then Harry, right?" I sighed.

"After that relationship, I don't think I would ever find someone who truly cares for me. He broke me Luke.." I begin crying. Luke shifts closer to me and pulls me into a hug.

"You don't deserve to be treated like that. I don't know if you've realized, but there's someone who cares a lot about you. He hates what happened between you and Harry. He literally says that you should be treated like a Queen for Christ sakes. You deserve to be happy, and I think he can help with that." I wipe the tears from my face. Then I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." It was probably Michael. I hear the door open and close. I look over and the color drains from my face. Harry.