Joel Imagine

Your his daughter's teacher

NAME: Julia Mitchell

I'm a teacher at a primary school, and I love it apart from the fact the boys wolf whistle at me. The girl, Lydia has a young dad, she is only 5 after all. His only 22. He had all her apparently at 17. I mean, I'm 23 and yeah.  

Today is the first day back the summer holidays. I get ready for the first day. I then put my hair in a bun and light make up and drive to work. I go in and set up everything and wait for the kids to arrive. I then go out and get the kids. Lydia isn't here. She'll probably be late. I get started and see Mr Pimentel walking in. "Hi, Miss Mitchell! I am so sorry! Traffic was heavy" said Joel. I nod. "That's fine, Lydia you know where your coat hanger is and your seat" smiled Julia. She nods an goes to do that. "I'll be late today, do you mind staying behind to wait for me?" asked Joel. "It's fine, Mr Pimentel" said Julia. He left.

We do loads of our usual first day stuff and finally the end of the day. "My daddy is sad, mommy died" said Lydia. "Oh Lydia. I am so sorry" said Julia. Lydia just smiles. "It's fine, she was drunk and she was an alcoholic" said Lydia. I look at her. "Uh I am sorry" said Julia. "Excuse me I would like to know why you are letting my daughter tell you about our personal life" said Joel. I jump. "Daddy I just told her because I trust her" said Lydia. I just sigh. "It's fine, Lydia" said Julia. "Come on honey" said Joel. I just sigh. Is it wrong to like a students kid? I sigh and go to my car. His still here, waiting for his car. I get to my car and hop in. I turn the car on and turn on the radio. Some good music and start driving.

I make some dinner and then head to bed. 

NEXT DAY

I have my breakfast and drive to school

I have my breakfast and drive to school. I then sit at my desk. I go get the kids. Lydia is going to a different class. I get a note of another teacher telling me about Lydia's move and I get a call from Mr Duffy. I leave the class with a supervisor and go. 

"Mr Pimentel told me about you and Lydia talking about their personal life, I am afraid you are fired" said Mr Duffy. I nod and go get my stuff and say bye to the kids. I drive home and sit on the sofa and cry. My life gone.... I'll never be able to get another teaching job. I just sigh.

JOEL'S POV:

I go pick up my daughter and along the way to apologise to Julia. I walk in and get her from her new class, the school thought it be best for her to move. I go to her old class and go in to see a male teacher. "Excuse me, Was Julia out sick today?" asked Joel. "Oh she got fired because she well you know..... got too personal" said the woman. I just leave. I got someone fired. Over my selfishness. I leave and go home. "I miss Julia" said Lydia. I look at her. "She's perfect for you, daddy. You both are alike." said Lydia. I just sigh. I get up and Chris walks in with Richard. "OK mind Lyds, I'm gonna find Julia!" said Joel. I leave.

JULIA'S POV:

I go to the shops to buy ice cream. I hear my name being shouted. I look at the person. "Oh hey Mr Pimentel." said Julia, even if I should hate him, I don't.  "I am so sorry! I just wanted to protect me and my daughter. I .... fell for you, even when she was alive. Can we talk?" asked Joel. I nod and we go to the park and sit on a bench. 

"When we first started dating, she was amazing but then she got pregnant and after that started drinking. Then a few months ago, she drove drunk. She crashed the car, cause she was drunk. I was devastated but I fell for you though. Your amazing with my daughter. So please forgive me" said Joel. I nod. "I forgave you this morning" said Julia. We kiss and well yeah we go to his house and have fun with Lydia. 

Two years later we got married and had a baby boy, Lucas Sebastian Pimentel. Amazing family we are.

Lorna cx