•43•

DANIELS POV:

three weeks later

It's been three weeks since Kate was put into her medically induced coma. The guys and I have have done two LA shows and a meet up for those who wanted to come, otherwise I can say not a lot have changed.

One things I can say for sure is that everyone is missing her. Missing her voice, her laughter, and just her overall presence. I'm always at the hospital I barely ever leave. The doctors have brought a bed in for me and I spend like every night there, waiting for her to wake up. I pace the room counting how many time the heart monitor beeps to pass the time and constantly updating kate one everything that is going on in my life, always talking to her, I feel like I know she's listening to me.

I've had this empty feeling for the longest time and I know it's because she's not with me. She is but she isn't if you know what I mean.

Today is September 17th, the bands one year anniversary is coming up in ten days and the only thing I want is for Kate to be there to celebrate is with us. The something different tour ended early August, about the time everything went down hill in our lives for a bit. The guys and I are working on a new ep, and that's what I'm telling her about.

"So we've been working really hard on it, we think we are gonna call it invitation. It's kinda catchy am I right? I can't wait for you hear it." I smiled and walked over to her bed and sat down.

Everyone promised, including me that we would all be strong for her. But let me tell you. It was hard. Her room was filled with tons of assortments of flowers and a bunch of balloons. Her jaw had healed and she no longer had swollen eyes. Her ribs were still healing but she was getting her casts off her legs in a couple days because they had healed too.

Physically she was doing wonderful. Emma and aspen came over a lot and made sure her hair was tamed and the rest of her was clean. But sitting here right now, knowing that physically she was great and that she should be awake and healing, only made the reality of it worse.

I yawned. Rubbing her hand.
"Please wake up kate, I want to celebrate my one year anniversary of being a band with you, I want to celebrate my one year of knowing you, although that's not for a couple of months..., all these things I want to do..." I trailed off.

"I know you can hear me baby" I Said.

I got up from the bed and went to her bedside table throwing out the dead flowers and tidying up her room. More like our room.

I called the boys and told them I wanted to go out for a bit and that someone should come take my place. I refused to leave her alone Incase something happened. Good or bad. Someone needed to be here. I liked it to be me, which is why I was usually always here but sometimes I did go out to get air.

Ten minutes later Everyone showed up.

"Hey I didn't know all of you were coming" I said to them smiling.

"Yeah it's been a while since we've all been together as a group to see her, so we thought we'd come and say hi for a bit" aspen said. I smiled

"Great well now I feel guilty for leaving." I Said

"Daniel don't. You're literally with her 24/7 go do something for yourself." Zach said. Corbyn and Jonah nodded.

"Fine I'll be back soon." I noticed the flowers in Jonah's hand and frowned.

I left the room and walked to my car. I decided to go to Jamba Juice and get something to drink and then maybe go home for a bit.

At Home-