•46•

KATES POV:

I've heard everything. Everything they've said around me. It was more muffled and sometimes I couldn't make it out but...  they were Talking to me about their lives and updating me on things that I was missing. I missed them and I wanted to wake up and tell them I was right here and we should get out of this hospital.

But no matter how hard I tried to open my eyes it never worked.

And then at some certain point, In which I cannot pinpoint, I forgot everything. I think. I don't even know who "they" are. I don't anything. I barely know things about myself.

After what felt like a century. By some miracle I woke up.

This boy was standing a little ways from my bed. He was really cute. He was very tall and had dark hair. He turned around and his blue eyes went wide.

"OH MY GOSH KATE!" He said. Well he screamed it. I wasn't used the the noise. "KATE!" He said again as if I didn't hear his screaming the first time.

I wanted to say something. I was so confused. I tried recalling words to say. But nothing I thought of sounded like the right words. I didn't know who this boy was but he sure as hell knew me.

My name was Kate. I'm 18. I'm lying in this bed And this boy knows me and is screaming my name.

Before I could even respond to his abrupt yelling the door opened and more people flooded in. I put on a confused look. The boy took my head between his hands and kissed my forehead.

This took me off guard and made me uncomfortable. why was this stranger showing such intense affection.

The people who flooded into my room shoved the cute boy out of my room and the people came over and asked me questions.

"Hello Kate, I'm so glad you're awake. We are just gonna run some tests to make sure everything is right." A man said.

I analyzed what he said. And tried to think of a response or for something logical in my memories that would explain.... anything.

Why I was here?

How does this man know me?

Who was that boy that was shoved out there?

What's wrong with me?

Why can't I make sense of anything?

I kept thinking. I was getting scared at this point. I can't remember. I can't remember anything.

"I— who— what's going on?" I mustered. I flinched at the sound of my own voice. It felt like I haven't used it in forever.

"Kate, my name is doctor Stearns, you've been in a coma for a month after you were kidnapped and beaten by a girl" he said

"What." I Said. I didn't even feel like a question. More like a "keep going"

Why can't I remember that.

The doctors confused face moved to more of a realizations face and then went to concern.

"Ma'am can you remember who you are and why you're here." He said.

Nurses around me were booking and unhooking me from machines. Writing stuff down on clip boards. Everything they did and noice they made sounded like it was turned up three notches. The room felt loud and I wanted to run and hide.

"I-I- my name is Kate Smith. I'm 18 and ummm" I though for a second.

"I don't know why I'm here... who was that boy?" I asked