•40•

DANIELS POV:

We ran and ran. Corbyn has the GPS in his hand the rest of us had flashlights. We were all sweating exhausted. But not one complained once we just kept sprinting.

ASPENS POV:

I can't take this anymore. Kate's knocked out cold. My voice is hoarse from screaming. I'm bruised all over and crying like a baby. Emma is doing the same thing. Kate never got a break. She just kept getting beaten and beaten and there is nothing either of us could have done.

"KATE PLEASE WAKE UP!" I screamed I really hope she's alive. and that's a dreadful thought, but basically the only thing running through my mind. I tried sticking my leg out as far as I could to try and nudge her awake but it was not good.

"Kate please..." I cried. Emma was still balling. And what made it worse was hearing our phones go off and listening to the voicemails the boys sent us.

Jack- "aspen hello? Answer my calls."
"Aspen why aren't you picking up are you okay?"
"Baby I'm getting worried just answer a text or call"
"All the guys are worried sick none of you guys are picking up!!"
"I'm landing be home soon. Can't wait to see you! Please text me ASAP!"

Etc.

Hearing his voice made me ache. It made me scream at my phone telling him to come help. Siri wasn't responding, so we couldn't be like "hey Siri call so and so." that was out the window.

All three of us for the longest time just sat beaten and helpless for the longest time.

What if they weren't coming, and would never find us?

DANIELS POV:

It felt like years. Tears were streaming down my face in panic. The rest of the guys too. We still had a couple more blocks.

EMMAS POV:

I was tired. And scared. Cold. Hungry. I was aching all over, crying like a mad person. I needed Zach. I needed his warmth, his laugh. I missed him more than ever.

And the worst thought that kept coming up...

What if I never see him again?

I've always tried to be the optimistic friend rather than the pessimistic. But right now things were not looking up.

The voice mails. The phone ringing. I needed to answer. But I couldn't. Each time my hopes of being rescued sinking farther and farther. I wanted to go home and lie in his arms for hours.

DANIELS POV:

finally. We rounded the last corner. And saw the old building.

"Stop" Corbyn demanded. We all turned to him giving him a weird look.

CRYSTALS POV:

She wasn't dead yet. Her friends we still screaming and crying. She had stopped making noise ever since I broke her leg and knocked her out. But having her knocked out will make her death so much easier. But a lot less fun. I still wanted to have some fun.

Her boyfriend that she broke up with and all his little my little pony friends have no way of finding her. My parents were upstairs watching the entrance so if anything suspicious is going on they'll take care of it. In the mean time though, their job of keeping Kate's pathetic friends silent was put on hold. As for Kate herself I think I might go up there and just finish the job.

I sat in the corner of the dark basement just sharpening a knife. I might try breaking more bones because the sound of her screams satisfy me.

No I'm not insane. You're insane for thinking that. She just didn't deserve to be alive. And that was that.