18

As your two figures stood face to face, waves brushing over your feet, time went by fast, shadows disappearing from the lack of light. It was only the light from the street lamps that helped you see your surroundings.

For Jungkook, this moment was big for he would finally open up to you. For you, the time had come that you would find out who it was that you would need to handle to achieve your promise. And you hoped that this would help you relax, putting less pressure on the worries you've been holding in.

Your inner excitement rose when you see Jungkook part his lips to speak. But an ache stung through you, when you hear your phone ring.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry" you apologise sliding your phone out your pocket. You could tell he was a little annoyed as he bit his inner cheeks. You bite your lips but a soft smile appears when your eyes follow the name displayed.

"Hyun Shik! Hey!"

"Hey y/n! How are you you?"

"I'm good." You look up and you're able to read what Jungkook felt about this. He wasn't too happy. "Look Hyun Shik. I'm kind of busy. Can I call you later?"

"Sure." You quickly shove the phone back in your pocket.

"I'm really sorry! You can tell me now."

Jungkook had forgotten about Hyun Shik. Forgotten all about your love towards him. For that was why Jungkook was about to confess. But now being reminded, he's hesitant.

Jungkook breaks his stance, starting to take steps as he shakes his head a little. Your head turns shocked, mouth agape.

"B-but Jungkook! Why?" You ask catching up to him.

He looks down to where your feet splash against the gushing sea. "I thinks it's best I tell you at the right time."

You've waited for a while and just as you were about to find out, it all goes crashing down. You were-- mad. Annoyed. Angry. Frustrated. Stupid. Stupid to believe that he would actually tell you.

"But this is the right time! What are you saying?" You spoke with a hint of anger.

"I'm saying that I'm not ready to tell you." He argues back.

You scoff of disbelief. "You're not ready to tell me or you just can't trust me?"

"No I trust you!" Jungkook takes a step towards you but you step back.

"It doesn't seem like that to me!"

You both were silent for a while. It was only the soft breeze and waves to be heard. You just didn't understand your friendship with Jungkook. You were confused. You were even confused of his sudden changes in moods. He will be happy one second and frustrated the next. Despite his kindness towards you, he still didn't treat you like a true friend.

"I thought we were friends?" You sob.

"Y/n we are bu-"

"But what? Not close enough to be trusted?"

"You don't trust me! You don't think I noticed but I know there's been something worrying you. Yet you can't trust to tell me can you?"

He was right. You kept your worry of breaking the promise away from him. But it was only to keep him happy.

"That's cause it will hurt you!" You defend as a tear trickled down your cheek. Looking down, it was only the blurred vision of the sand to be seen as you let out small sniffles.

Through the gushing winds, you hear Jungkooks steps near you as he slowly lifts your chin up. Your eyes meet as he delivers a soft smile. "I'm sorry we've come to this, and I know how it feels but-" he pauses.