26

Jungkook's eyes captured you in an affectionate gaze as you sat across him, rambling on about whatever it was you were talking about.

He looked fixedly at your eyes that lightened through the suns glare, your long lashes shadowing your cheeks as you blinked. Your tongue glided over your lips habitually as you fluently slipped out words which Jungkook payed no attention to.

He'd watch as you brought your hands up, pulling the locks of hair that fell over your face, tucking it behind your ears unknowingly.

Your words suddenly begin to slur, your eyes narrowing down at Jungkook who had mused off into a deep grin, as his eyes gave off a blinkless stare.

You sigh, shoulders dipping in disbelief as you bite your inside cheek with a raised eyebrow.

"You didn't listen did you?" You question, bringing the coffee up to sip.

"No I heard it," He grins, leaning in toward the table. "but it didn't sink in. Come again."

You playfully role your eyes, shaking your head, your smile not going unnoticed by Jungkook.

Eyes gliding over to the cafe's interior, you zoned out, taking constant sips, the warm liquid entering your mouth.

It had been four days since the unanticipated event, and everyday ended with a sleepless night. A night full of tosses and turns as your mind dug around with more recognition of the impacts.

"Jungkook," You start, placing down the drink as your hands settled on either side of it, turning to find his attention. "on a serious not," you continued, pausing when you hesitated with the next few words.

"Go on, I'm listening." He voiced, eyebrows furrowed when he noticed your unsettling features.

You breath out a sigh, forcing the words to leave your lips. "Well you know Hyun Shik."

Jungkooks jaw immediately contracts, but his eyes still shared a sense of calmness. "What about him?"

"I just," you take a full gulp, jittering from Jungkooks change of act. "what are we going to tell him, cause you know, we kinda had a thi-"

In no need to hear the rest, Jungkook intercepts, his answer confident with no sense of falters. "We'll make sure he knows about us. I don't need someone flirting with my girlfriend." He retorted, looking away so he doesn't meet your shook up expressions.

At that fleeting moment, your lips carve a grin when you realise exactly what this all was.

"Somebody's jealous." You tease, breaking into laughter when Jungkook draws his lips between his teeth, intending to hide his admitful smile.

Subsequently, your laugh finally begins to die down as you let in air to catch in on your breath. "Jeon Jungkook," You grin, stretching your hands out to clasp onto his ones, bringing his attention to draw on you. "why are you so worried? You know I'm yours, and only yours." You assure, smiling at him admiringly. You bring one hand up, caressing his cheek. "Don't let the past get in between us. I don't have feelings for Hyun Shik anymore." To the sound of your words, he eases out. "Even though I can't guarantee the same about him, he'll back off when he finds out about us. Trust me." You beam, watching as he brings all his attention to you, a placid smile brushing over his lips.

He brings his hand to clutch onto yours, the one that still cupped his cheek. "You seem so certain." He mouths, looking down so your eyes dont meet.

"Jungkook, I'm more than certain. Hyun Shik is an understanding guy. I'm sure he'll get over it."

Your eyes suddenly draw to the phone that vibrated against the table.

"Speak of the devil." Using your free hand, you press the mute button and turn to face Jungkook again. "Shall we set off? We should start packing for tomorrow night's flight."