23

time skipped ↠ two weeks later

Time. It never stopped. Not even once. Each second was seeping through my fingers no matter how hard I grasped onto it. It's not long when tomorrow will be yesterday and yesterday will then be last week. Why must I forget the future to savour the present. Why am I told that at least these will be made memories to keep when these memories are just like time. Easy to fade away.

I leaned my chin on the pillow my hands embraced, back supported against the wall behind. I smiled at the three infront of me who shared conversations amongst each other, each cracking up a laugh. I would take a glimpse at Jungkook, smiling when I see the happiness his features read out to us.

His lips slightly parted while they curved up at the corners, allowing his cheeks to rise and overlap his eyes that crinkled on the sides. I was glad that I was seeing this more often now.

"Jungkook." When his name echoed in the room, I broke back into reality to hear Amber continue. "You tell us. I'm sure you've got a special someone."

There it goes again. That unbearable sting in my all too selfish heart when I remembered he had his heart occupied for someone else.

"Ah." Jungkooks features blemish pink, while he brings his hand up to rub the back of his neck. He makes no eye contact with either of us, staring down to the carpet floor we sat upon. I turn to Jimin and see an exagerated grin as if he knew exactly the answer. I turn back to Jungkook who bit the insides of his cheek, finally looking up but only to Jimin, making intense eye contact.

"Maybe we should ask this some other time." Jimin informs, allowing Jungkook's tensed form to relax.

"Okay." Amber chuckles. "So are you two going to the shops now?" She questions, pushing her self up though her hands still clasped onto Jimins' ones.

"The car isn't with us remember?" I remark, remembering we had given it back this morning.

"That's why public transport exists." She chuckles. "Me and Jimin can go if you don't want to." Amber asks awaiting Jungkooks response.

"No we can go." Jungkook replies turning to me as if making sure I was okay with it too. I nod my head, tossing the pillow on the bed beside me.

"Just enough food for the last week here right?"

Amber bops her head as she hesitantly nods. "I think so."

I grip onto the bed sheets, drawing my body up as Jungkook did the same. "Then we will get going."

NO ONE'S P.O.V

Again. Time was skipping past while you sat at the bus stop, bags of groceries clenched under your fingers.

You kept silent, as if you were awaiting something. Though it's reasonable for it to be the bus, it wasn't. It was something more like his voice. The silence made you feel as if there was a solid barrier that lay between you not budging to leave you two at peace.

You wrap your head around that familiar tension you'd always noticed when you're alone with him.

Your eyes stare down at the bag that flutters with the breeze ever so slightly, the brisk rustling of the bags and trees to occupy the silence.

Your voice cuts the barrier, when you finally speak. "Jungkook."

He remains standing, while he leant his side against the surface of the bus stop, turning to you when he hears his name.

"It's been more than two weeks since that promise was made. There's only one week till we get back. Am I finding out who she is anytime soon?"

Jungkook lets out a scoff of laughter. "At first I didn't even know what you were saying. Have you really been thinking about that promise?" He chuckles, while shaking his head. "The promise is off." He confirms without hesitation.