29

"Y/n."

The unanticipated figure shuffles in, his face wearing a smug grin. Your eyes leave his dark ones, looking down to the red roses in his hands. His body continues towards you, your own remaining almost unfunctional from the encounter.

No, no, no.

Your head shakes slightly but he doesn't take notice of your discomfort, his body dangerously close enough to seal the gap. His arms close in your torso as he grabs you in for a hug, your back stiffening with your hands stretched out awkwardly by your sides.

Your mouth too is unable to muster any words and your eyes grasp shut. You knew you were at once close with this boy, but you couldn't remember hugging him.

"Y/n?"

Your eyes shoot open to the sound of his voice.

Not Hyun Shik's. Jungkook's.

"Jungkook!" You finally have the courage to become audible, pushing out as you awkwardly gain your stance between the two figures.

Jungkook's eyes leave from you and to the un-missed figure, then down to his occupied hands that clasped the roses.

"Hyun Shik," Jungkook speaks, his fingers enfolded by his palms.

"Jungkook." The other snorts out, taking a step towards you while cupping his palm above your shoulder blade. Your figure becomes solid again and Jungkook questioningly eyes you to see if you'd haul out of his grip.

But you don't.

Jungkook diverts his gaze back to the smiling boy. "What are you doing here?"

Hyun Shik chuckles, bitterness whisking through the air. "Just about to ask the same thing."

Jungkook's tongue jabs at his cheeks, a habit you've grown to get used to seeing. "I'm taking her out."

Hyun Shik raises an eyebrow and looks down to you, a hint of jealousy skimmering within his gaze. "Thought you said you were taking rest for the next few days?"

Shit.

"Aha," Your taut chuckle arouses the tensed room, as you finally peel away from his physical contact. Your mind is drowning in blank shades but Jungkook knowingly covers up.

"I only notified her about it this morning," Jungkook steps confidently towards Hyun Shik, their eyes holding a silent conflict. "it was a last minute plan."

Hyun Shik tilts his head, eyebrow flicked up as if not convinced. Your body began to heat up but his nod of approval had conciliated you.

"Okay then," He delivers the roses out to you. "got these for you anyway." You look up to Jungkook for approval, and when he lightly nods, your hands outstretch to the roses. "We'll meet up later then."

You nod as the boy takes his leave, his shoulder lightly grazing Jungkook's as he smirks his way past.

You let out a sigh of breath you didn't realise you were confining, turning over to Jungkook.

"I assume you didn't tell him about us?" Jungkook questions, his hands compressed against the doors surface as he pushes it to close.

Your head shakes frantically, pressure applied to your lips as you bite down on it.

It's easier said than done.

"I didn't expect him at my door and I just," you look down to your slightly trembling hands. "I just couldn't gather myself to say it. I'm sorry."