24

WARNING | SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD

YOUR P.O.V

"y/n, will you love me back?"

My lips remain parted, quavering over my passing breaths. My eyes blink as I break the contact it had with his, collecting in that this wasn't at all a dream.

"Jungkook."

I feel his hands embrace me tighter when he hears me speak with unease.

I sigh, lowering my head as my lids enveloped my eyes.

I had never prepared myself for this thinking his someone wasn't me. Now, my mind was arguing amongst itself on the outcomes of my response.

Of course I loved him, but a lot of things would change if I said yes. Even though this is what I had desired, I don't think I'm willing to take a different path.

I open my eyes, bringing my head to look back up at him.

"Jungkook, I-I'm sorry."

At that split moment, I see the hope in his eyes wash away, his eyes slowly becoming glossy. His embrace around me loosens by each second and his breath gets unsteady as his pace of heart beats increase.

"I'm sorry for everything."

I lift my hand up to let it embrace his cheek, my thumb slowly running its way back and forth.

"I'm sorry I kept it from you, but-"

His eyebrows furrow a little, as he vaguely looks at me, confused as to what I were to say.

My lips haul up a smile. "But I already loved you."

His eyes enlighten, as his lips break a smile; That treasured smile that he would only show when he was with her.

He tightens his grip around my waist once again, pressing his forehead against mine as he lifts me up with a spin.

"Ahh.. you scared me." He says with a sense of relief.

I giggle, bringing my arms around to hug him back.

Something I had been longing to do from the moment my heart caught eye on him.

____

Time elapsed past, making it invisible enough to let an hour seep by as we lingered by sea. Our fingers tangled, merely swinging as we headed back.

"So for a while? Even from the day we came to Queensland?" I supposed, amused at his words.

He nods his head, looking back to me from the dimmed sky.

"More like from the day I met you."

My smile, weakens. "You mean, my first day at uni?"

He only nods again, his fingers tightening.

"And I didn't even know." I whispered, recalling the past, and how blind I had been. Suddenly I remembered the promise.

"So why did you call the promise off then?" I questioned, looking up to him once again, eager to know.

He chuckles. "Well, it wasn't the promise that got us together right?"

I nod, a breath of laughter escaping my lips.

"Plus, if it were the promises that got us together," He continued. "I would feel as if it were all forced. A rather fake relationship."

I nod, collecting in everything he says before I look up to the door we stood before.

"So," I turn to look down at my hand that still locked with his, before placing my other hand on the door knob. "are we going to tell them about..this?"

Jungkooks mouth parts as he takes his time to think about the response.

"Well-"

Unexpectedly, the door swings open and Amber and Jimin stand before us.

"Where were you gu-" Amber suddenly stops, her eyes widening by the second. I follow where her eyes trailed, only to see mine and Jungkooks hands locked together.

I instantly unclasp it, in attempt to bring it back to myself until Jungkook tightens his grip around it, speaking without a slip of hesitation.

"We're dating."

_______________

you're welcome ;)

btw, story may seem rushed.. please bare with it

quik quesh'╭➹²⁴

whats your most favourite cheesy line?

my answer: "lets flip a coin. heads: you're mine, tails: I'm yours."