Chapter 35 - Unexpected Help

Lilly's POV

The sensation of ice cold water brought me back to consciousness. Snapping my eyes open I tried to scream, only to end up swallowing salty water. I thrashed around, desperate to get out but a heavy weight on my back prevented me from moving. My body burned like fire and though I normally could hold my breath under water for quite a long time, I felt the biting cold drawing all air from my lungs. Suddenly I was yanked upwards by a large hand. I began spitting up water and panting for air the moment my head was out of the water. Not comprehending what was going on I heard a dark voice chuckling from behind.

"Good morning little dragon. It's time for you to learn who your master is."

"What...?" I wheezed, not comprehending, and looked back to see Drago towering over me, a sick grin curled his lips.

"Wrong answer." Within a second I was shoved under again. I struggled to get out of Drago's iron grasp but it was getting me nowhere. My body grew colder and colder. After a minute I was pulled out again.

"Who is your master?"

"I...no one."

A dark chuckle and I was shoved under again. Drago kept asking the same question over and over again but I was determined not to give in, not to give him the satisfaction of making me call him my master. Everytime he would wait a little longer till he brought me up again. I was freezing, there was a thin crust of ice forming on the water surface. It didn't take much longer and I felt my walls breaking, I could feel all my strength leaving my body. My mind screamed to keep fighting but my body couldn't take much more.

My teeth chattered violently and I let out a pitiful whimper as I was brought up again. Drago's breath against my ear felt unbearable hot as he purred. "I know it hurts, you're so cold. But it doesn't have to be this way, I can make you feel warm again, wrap you in cozy furs in front of a fireplace and serve you hot soup to heat you up from the inside and outside. Wouldn't that be nice?" I nodded slightly and Drago chuckled. "Just say the words and it will all be over. Say that you will serve me. You're mine.

He allowed me to turn my head and I stared at him blankly before I breathed: "I..." Drago raised his eyebrow expectantly. "I'd r-rather d-die..."

His face darkened as he yanked me out of the tub filled with icy sea water and threw me to the ground. "Maybe we should try something else, if you don't care for your own well being, you certainly do for your precious dragon."

"N-no don't t-touch her..." My body was trembling so hard I could barely speak, I felt consciousness leaving me again.

Drago knelt down in front of me, a smug grin on his face. "It all depends on you. So who is..." But Drago could not complete his sentence as one of his guards burst into the room. Drago growled: "What now?! I told you not to disturb me!"

The guard paled, he shifted nervously. "I beg your pardon, Sir. But it's one of the new dragons, it caused a terrible fire on the ship and managed to escape. We couldn't catch him again and now the beast's burning down the harbor."

Drago growled again in annoyance before he got up. "I'm surrounded by idiots. Make sure she doesn't die of hypothermia." He pointed to me. "We're not done yet little dragon whisperer."

The guard walked over to me and poked me with his boot. "Get up!" But there was no way I could move, shivering uncontrollably I remained in my fetal position on the ground. The guard grumbled under his breath and picked me up, carrying me to what was surely my doom.