Chapter 44 - Finding you part 1

Viggo's POV

"Take those dragons down!" Drago yelled and almost instantly a various number of catapults fired their nets and chains to catch the dragon riders. They tried to dodge the flying nets but there were just too many, it didn't take long and they were all brought down, one after the other.

Stoick freed himself from the net with his axe and lunged forward to Drago in savage rage. "I want to know where my son is!" He raised his axe to strike but Drago dodged it with ease, the weapon buried itself in the wooden planks instead.

Drago let his gaze wander from the captured dragon riders back to a panting Stoick who was pulling at his axe to free it again. "Have I missed something?" he bellowed.

"I said where is my son!" Stoick yelled again while he freed his axe.

"What son?" Drago growled.

I felt Hiccup shift beside me and closed my eyes, reminding myself to stay calm. Breathe, just breathe, in and out. It would be for no ones good if we all lost our nerves. But oh how much I wanted to kill that bastard right here and now, be the one to bring him to a slow and painful death for all the suffering he had caused my family. Trembling with rage, I had to bite the insides of my cheeks to keep me from jumping at him. I would never be able to save Lilly this way, even if I managed to kill Drago, we are outnumbered. Oh by the love of all gods, why can't these stubborn, reckless, impetuous Berkians just do as they are told? Follow orders, is that too much to ask for?

"Uh dad? I'm here!" Hiccup's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and snapping my eyes open again I watched Hiccup put his hood back and take a step forward. Stoick's eyes widened and Drago raised an eyebrow, his expression a mixture of aggravation and amusement.

He laughed darkly and pointed at Hiccup with his bullhook. "Your son I suppose. Trying to sneak into my base boy? Why?"

I watched Hiccup scratch the back of his neck, obviously searching for the right words. Oh I can't take this any longer.
Slowly I stepped out of the crowd and walked to Hiccup's side, shoving the hood out of my face. "Because of me."

Drago's raised his eyebrows even more as he approached me, eying me up and down with contempt. He was only a hand's breadth away from me when he finally stopped. "And who are you?!"

"You don't remember me? I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed, but maybe I can help you to jog your memory. I really appreciated trading with you until you decided to burn my village to the ground." my voice was hard and low.

Drago chuckled darkly when he recognized me. "Grimborn. I thought I killed you back then but never mind, we can catch up on that. Did you come to join your brother? I'm sure I will find a nice place for you and your foolish companions. Unless you're willing to bow to me now?"

I clenched my fists hard to keep me from punching him right into his scarred face and spoke in a low but hard voice. "I fear that I have to disappoint you on this one, bowing to you is not my intention. You have my sister and her dragon, I am here to demand her back."

Drago burst out laughing, all of his men joining him, causing Hiccup to jump slightly. I shared a quick glance with the boy when I heard Drago's voice again, his lips still curled into a malicious grin: "The girl is mine now! I bought her and will do with her as I please!"

"You can't just buy her, she's a person!" Hiccup burst out beside me, his eyes wide in disgust.

Drago snorted before he turned his attention back to me. "If you've come to beg for the girl, you should be on your knees."