Chapter 13

"Shane!" Bryce was in tears as he exited the station.

"You're 16 goddammit. How dare they to hit you like that!" Shane said looking at Bryce's bruises. "Oh, and bad news, Sean texted me that Valerie knows about everything."

"Who told her?" Bryce asked.

"The police station had her registered in the database and she got an email. Are you hurt?" Shane said viewing the boy.

"Shallow. I'm fine."

"Let's get you home!"

The two stepped in the car and reached Bryce's home soon.

"BRYCE! WHAT WAS IN YOUR MIND?" Valerie screamed as the two entered. Doug was there too along Sean.

"Sorry mom!" Said Bryce looking down.

Valerie only sighed in response.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you!" Doug told Bryce.

"It's OK. Shane got me. Thanks Shane!" Bryce said.

The truth is Doug was a little pissed he didn't help Bryce.

"Thanks a lot, Shane! You saved both of my sons! But now I'll ask you and Doug to leave so I can mind them."

"No problem. Hey, call me if you need my assist. " Shane said

Doug recalled his own words some years ago in a similar environment as he stood up to leave.

"Count on me too!" He said leaving.

"Bye pal!" Shane said to Doug as they exited Val's house.

"I see your moves. At least take care of her for me." Doug told Shane.

"Hey, I'm not here to make enemies. I'm sorry but she picked me. I'll treat her right, don't worry. You take care around who you hang out." Shane answered.

They parted with those words.

The days went on normally for the millionare: he'd go out from time to time, actually got to meet Garret's children, Max and Simone, made new acquaintances, talked to Alisha when they met on the street, hang out with Robert, and most important: saw Valerie. They kept seeing each other quite often. One night Valerie agreed to stay at Shane's place.

"I won't lie to you, I'm happy we're together. I've been waiting for this moment!" Shane embraced Valerie on the terrace.

"Shane... I'm also happy. Thanks for everything!" Valerie said before kissing him. The chilling breeze felt very good.

They kissed again. And again. And again. And they moved to more than kissed. Night turned into day among their moans of pleasure.

"Valerie, you make me the happiest man alive!" Shane said in the morning.

"I love you!" She told him.

"Val..." another wave of kisses followed.

"It was great, but I have work today..."

Shane would have told Valerie he's got enough money so neither her nor Sean would have to work again. But he thought it was too much and satisfied with dropping her at work. He then went to his best friend's houseboat.

"I had sex with Valerie!" Shane told Robert as he let himself in.

"Good God you act fast!"

"No, it was the whole night!" Shane laughed.

Robert brought wine as Shane proceeded to report him his amazing night.