Chapter 15

Valerie reached home that night excited to let the boys know about the big news.

"Guys!" She cheerfully said as she closed the door behind her.

"Why so happy?" Sean immediately asked.

"Bryce! Come here. I have to tell you two something."

Bryce wend downstairs and the two were seated on the couch.

"Sean, remember when I told you you're going to have a baby brother?" Valerie sat on the armchair.

"I was 2 so no..."

"Well...you will now."

"What?" Sean asked in surprise.

"I don't understand." Bryce chimed in.

"You're going to have a little baby brother...or sister!" Valerie said smiling ear to ear. Although, the boys' reactions surprised her.

She didn't expect them to cheer, but at least a 'congratulations' would be nice. Both of them stared in shock.

"You're joking." Said Sean.

"No. I'm not. It's for real. It's Shane's."

"You're crazy!" Bryce said as he sat up and went back into his room.

"Of course it's Shane's!" Sean stood up angered.

"Sean, is there a problem?"

"Mom! You're... he's... a kid? Really? You have already us!"

"Hey! It's not like I'm going to leave you. Plus, you're old enough not to be called kids."

"It's not that! And how do you plan to raise it?"

"With Shane, of course."

"No offense mom, but if that prick can raise a child, then I'll go get a job!" Bryce screamed from his room.

"Hey! That so called prick saved your ass" Valerie defended her lover.

"Because he's sweating money and was faster than Doug." Bryce shrugged.

"Don't even bring Doug in discussion!" Valerie started to lose her temper. "I'm going to live with Shane and the kid. If you want to join me you're welcome. If you don't then better learn to wash your own clothes!"

"Sweet dreams mom!" Bryce went on.

"I'd rather live homeless than with Shane." Sean said.

"I thought you like Shane." Valerie questioned her sons.

"Mom, he's a playboy who wants beautiful ladies and money. He doesn't need kids. Why else he'd come on a deserted island? Hint: not to make a family." Sean explained.

"As if you know! I talked to him and he was OK with that!" Valerie went on

"Mom, because he saved us doesn't mean he's not a prick." Bryce said before shutting the door to his room close.

Sean also entered his room leaving his mother engulfed in an uneasy silence.

The next day arrived and Shane woke up and got ready.

"How's Garret?" He said as Robert exited the guest room.

"Hello Robert, had a good night sleep?"

"No, I just remembered I haven't heard of him in a while. I'm only concerned."

"You're a thing! He's been both bad and good. Cara is becoming suspicious."

"Still secret?" Shane said.

"We're working on it..."

"You realize you'll have to tell them eventually."

"We do... but it's not that easy..." Robert explained. "Anyways, any thoughts regarding your kid?"

"Man! It's awkward when you say that! Maybe I won't have a kid..."

"Hey! You can't dad. But it'll break Valerie's heart, you know? And most probably, Sean will hate you."

"Doug will thank me. He can confort her. And I think he can afford to raise a kid."

"Dude! At least think! It's a human life!" Robert pleaded.

"It was a human mistake!" Shane told him.