Chapter 11

A Couple Days Later
Ayesha's POV-

I looked at myself one last time in the mirror. I was dressed in a casual outfit, and it was touched up with some light makeup. I sighed realizing I got ready for nothing. I got my phone off of the charger and made my way downstairs. I was really thinking of getting a smaller house. It was useless to have one this big. I cut myself some fruit as I sat down on the couch in my living room. I played some light music through the speakers as I scrolled through Instagram. I liked a picture Blaire posted of her and Klay on their vacation.

To cure my boredom I called my mom and we talked about every and anything. I was really missing her, and home. I really needed to visit soon.

"No ma!" I managed to say laughing. I heard. A few knocks on the door and wondered who it was. "Ma, I'll have to call you back later. Somebody's at the door." We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

I walked over to the door and was curious to see who it was. Once I opened it I was swarmed with many emotions.

"Stephen, hey. How do you know where I live?" I said awkwardly.

"I asked Blaire and she told me. Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I opened the door wider so he could come in. "So what brings you here?"

"I wanted to talk," he replied, "I've actually been wanting to talk for a while now."

"So why come now?"

"Because I need to get some things off of my chest. I can't really hold it all in anymore."

I nodded my head as I waited for him to elaborate.

"I've been such a dick to you, and there's really no reason for it. These past couple of months I really can't explain why I've acted the way I have."

"It's okay. I wasn't the nicest person either."

"No, it's not okay. I've said some pretty horrible things to you."

"Why exactly were you so rude to me?" I mumbled, looking away from him.

"I don't know, really. I think it's because when I saw your face for the first in five years I didn't know how to react. So many emotions came pouring over me. I mean not seeing someone you love for 5 years can do so much to a person. And obviously, the last time we saw each other it was bad, so maybe I thought that was an excuse to be rude."

I kind of lost him when he said love. He didn't say loved, he said love.

"And when you said I'm not the person you fell in love with that really put things into perspective for me."

"It's not like it's a bad thing, Steph. I've changed too."

"That's the thing, Ish. You haven't. You haven't changed at all. You're still the same person I fell in love with years ago in college."

He continued, "and when I saw you with Anthony, and kept seeing you with him I became jealous. Seeing you genuinely happy made me mad and sad. And that's when I realized that I couldn't just act like you were just somebody else that existed on this earth, and that you meant something to me."

"What are you getting at Stephen?"

"I thought this would only be me apologizing to you. But now that I see you're face, I don't care anymore, I have to tell you."

"Tell me what?" I said, tears forming in my eyes. God damn it Ish! Get it together!

"I wasn't over you. And I'm still not over you," one tear slid down my chew I but I quickly wiped it away, "I love you Ish."

"I don't know Steph," I said not caring and letting the tears fall. At least it wasn't an ugly cry, it was a simple cry.

"It's not like I'm expecting you to say it back. Or that things will be normal again. It's okay, really."

I turned around cause I couldn't look at him anymore.

"Just let me apologize, and make up for all those times."

"I don't know," I repeated, closing me eyes.

"Ish turn around," he said. I heard his footsteps come closer to me. He gently turned me around to where we were face to face.

"I just don't know what to say, or do, or feel," I whispered wiping away my tears.

"Can I help you out?"

"How?" I asked looking up at him. I saw his eyes flicker to my lips and I immediately became nervous. He started to lean in, and I closed my eyes. I felt his lips press onto mine and the same butterflies I got 5 years ago I got just now. He pulled away and looked at me.

"Now do you know what you feel?" He asked me.

"Not really," I lied, hoping he wouldn't catch on.

"Did you feel what you felt 5 years ago or did it feel plain? Either way, you can tell me," he whispered cupping my face with his hands.

Although I hesitated, I told him. "I got the same butterflies I did the first day we met," I admitted looking down at my feet, not knowing what to do.

"Ish look at me," he said gently pulling my chin up. "We can work this out."

______________________

Thanks for reading!!
Vote and comment!
💥