Chapter 2

Leaving Galway was difficult for me. As I never leaved Galway before let alone Ireland. All my memories were based in that county. Not all good ones but still they were memories. I remember a time when our family was happy. My dad was recovering from his alcohol background history and my mum was involved in Courtney's Publishing and was writing manuscripts for the Irish television show "Fair City" she loved working there and we were a happy family. Until my dad was let go from work due to cutbacks. My dad was a coward and drank his sorrows away, refusing to look for another job. He sat at home all day watching 'Breaking Bad' on Netflix while drinking down beer. My mother hated seeing him like this and begged him to go get some help. Dad was under the influence of drink and was drunk and hit mum. That was then my mothers self esteem, confidence and life was breaking down. She was just about able to hold herself together. She became very fragile and refused to go out anymore and became lonely. She was too scared to leave my dad and she finally had the courage to leave not only to benefit herself but to benefit me. She gives up everything for me and I swore I will give it all back when I can.