Chapter 28

"Let's see what you can do little girl." He snarled.

It haunts me, I woke up drenched in my own sweat. I turned to my left and saw Ashton laying beside me. His presence just reassuring me. I can't believe he stayed all night.

I looked at the clock, it was 8:47am.

Suddenly my mind focussed back on Breandan. How he touched me. How my body froze. This awful pain in my gut making me want to gag.

I got up quickly and ran to the bathroom. And coughed it all up. It was disgusting. I was doing it for ages. It just kept coming up. I locked the bathroom door. And crawled to the corner. I knew memories would just come flooding back into my mind. Is he dead? Have police found him. Are they looking for me. I got up slowly and looked into the mirror. I starred at this stranger that stood before me. Who is she?

I don't even know who I am anymore.

My eyes are puffed with bloodshot eyes, my hair remains in a messy bun. And I'm standing in my classic Winnie the Pooh pjs. I may look a tiny bit different. But I don't know how to react to it.

I had some makeup remaining on me from yesterday and the mascara is streaming down my face from the tears and sweat. The bruises remain and scars from Breandan.

"Lucy?" I heard a knock at the door.

"Lucy is that you?" it was mum.

"Um yeah I'm just in the bathroom give me a second."

Shit ashton!

I got a wipe and quickly removed the makeup and opened the door. Looking around for Ashton, but he wasn't here! The window was open. Then I remembered he said he'd sneak out in the morning. A small smile grew.

"Lucy!" Richard yelled.

They're home!

I really needed my mum right now.

"I'll be down in a minute" I called back.

I put on my night gown and raced down the stairs. "Mum, Richard!" I ran over and trampled on top of them. I think I gave them a small fright.

"Lucy! we've been worried sick about you! We rang you and sent you multiple texts, we almost called the police!" Richard said with a stern voice.

"Richard she's home now that's all that matters, safe and sound!" Mum squeezes me a warm hug and kisses my head. Kinda like Ashtons hugs.

Richard sighed but eventually gave in to mum and came over and gave me a hug and also kissed the top of my head.

"Come on let's have breakfast. We have a complete irish breakfast" mum winked at me.

Ashton's POV:

I heard Lucy's parents call her so that was my queue to leave. I gently, carefully opened her window. And saw there was ivy, so I crawled down. Of course I didn't do it perfectly in the movies cause I ain't like that. I fell halfway down...

Last night was amazing. Being with lucy just makes me feel so at home and at ease. Even telling her about mum made me feel so free. She understands me, even though she hasn't experienced anything that I've ever gone through. As I lay in my apartment in the town of Boston...

Bang! Bang! Bang!

There was a thumping at the door. I swung open the door, to find the landlord.

Shit.

"What have I done now?" I folded my arms and rolled my eyes.

He just laughed and handed me a slip. I read it.