Chapter 18

As we're walking down to the lake, I notice the three boys exchanging worried looks with each other and also Cameera and slightly I feel uncomfortable. Cameera turns to me and she notices the glances too but looks awkwardly away from me. We walk in silence until I can't stand it no more and I stop in my tracks and question them.

"Okay someone tell me what is going on?!" Why are ye all looking at each other as if something has happened?" I try my best to remain calm.

I see Luke whispering something to Calum.

"Uhh nothing" Calum lies. He's a very bad lier and I can see worry in his eyes. Something is wrong.

"Your lying!" I cry

"Please can we tell her?" Calum turns to Luke and Luke looks at me with guilt in his eyes. One of the first signs of emotion I've seen in his eyes since we met.

"Well your obviously gonna have to tell her now?" Michael declares and I can tell he wants me to know so badly.

"Is there something wrong? What are you keeping from me?" I take a step back from the group.

Luke sighs. "Ashton.. He isn't gone to see his mum in hospital..." Luke ignores making eye contact at me. He looks to Michael to back him up. And so he steps in.

"Then where is he?" I look at Michael then to Calum then to Luke and finally Cameera. And I am genuinely afraid of the answer.

Ashton's POV:

I take out my phone and see I have 5 missed calls from her. I'm no answering. I can't. I go into contacts and scroll for my moms number. And I ring her. It rings three times before she answers.

"Ashton baby! You didn't visit me today." I can tell she's teasing and pouting.

"Ya.. I'm sorry mum. I love you"

"Ash dear, is something wrong?"

"I can't do this anymore" I began to tear up but I wipe away the tears.

"Ash! I promos i won't do it again okay... I'm ..."

"Mum! Stop it's not your fault! It's not because of you.."

"Oh god.. Has Emily come back?"

"No! Mum I just need to get away for awhile okay?..."

'Flight 182 for Manchester will be taking off in 30 mins so will all passengers go to gate 5 please'

"Oh no! Ash don't go! You don't need to run away from everything! Your stronger than that! Don't be like your dad!"

Instantly my veins began to boil. I've never met my dad and my mum raised me all on her own. And now she's comparing me to him? I'm nothing like him!

"I'm nothing like him!"

"What do you call this then? Your running away Ash!"

"I'm not running away! I just need to go for awhile and clear my head! I don't know what's happening right now, I love you mum"

I instantly hang up on her, I can't believe she compared me to Dad.. He doesn't even deserve that name! He was never there for us! He just left?! Asshole. I hope I haven't disappointed my mom. If she knew what was happening she'd understand. But I can't put this on her, not after everything.

"Flight 192 leaving for Sydeny will be boarding in approximately 30 minutes"

I turn off my phone to avoid any text messages or calls. I can't go through with it. My head is throbbing, I decide to go to the bar in the airport. It might give me some relief and ease myself. I just need to relax and let go...