Chapter 32

It was finally here! The wedding day! After years and months of planning, mum and Richard were finally going to be husband and wife. We were in the room where all the bridesmaid and bride gathered along with family when my phone kept vibrating. I ignored it for the first few times, but mum told me just to answer it. That it was making her nervous.

It was a blocked ID.

"Hello??"

"Lucy?" A voice cried.

"Lucy you need to come back, I need you here, please come back!" They pleaded. It was Ashton.

"Ashton? Is everything ok?" All eye stared to me so I went into the bathroom en suite.

"No it's not fucking ok!!" He roared.

"Ashton? Babe listen, shh it's ok! I'm here, I'm here."

"No your not! Your in Ireland! You need to come home right away." He cried.

"I can't?! I'm at my mothers wedding. What do you expect me to do."

"My mum is on her death bed. She's gonna die within the next few days. I need you here please!" He burst into tears.

Oh my god.

I knew Ashton said she was sick, but I never expected her to plummet hat quickly. I know Ashton loves her and she's all he has left.

"Ash, I'm.. I'm so sorry. " I begin to tear up.

"Shh, shh baby don't worry, it's ok, can you please just come, I need you here. I can't do this on my own."

"I'll find a way." I bite my lip. My makeup was running now, great.

"Really?" They're was a sound of hope in his voice.

"I'm gonna try ok? Hang on."

The line went dead.

He must of run out of time.

I opened the bathroom door to find I have an audience of people listening to my conversation.

I cover my face and scurry over to mum. Where her smile suddenly faded when she saw me.

She looked like an angel, her long brown hair plaited neatly into a bun with crystals accessorising it. She wore a simply but elegant white dress, with a sweetheart neckline and a pear necklace. There was worry in her eyes when hers met mine.

"Mum.." My voice squeaked.

Mum blinked and shook, "go."

"Excuse me?"

"Go! His mother is dying, we're gonna be alive when you come back, don't worry." She gave me a small smile, but I saw sadness in her eyes.

"But.."

"Sweetie, if you don't go, your only going to regret it! I'll talk to Richard, we can celebrate a mini wedding for ourselves when you come back." She looked at me with pure kindness and warmth in her eyes. She is truly an inspiration and the best mother I could ask for.

"I love you so much." I sniffed and hugged her tightly.

"I love you honey, now you gotta go! Or your not gonna get there in time!"

I looked around to see everyone's mouth dropped, probably at the surprise of mum letting me be somewhere else on her wedding day. But I rushed out the door, and down the corridor, before a bumped into Liam.

"Woah you gotta watch it Luce.." He stopped immediately when he saw the makeup all smudged on my face.

"What happened?!" He laid his hands on my shoulder.

"Liam I need your car! My boyfriends mum is dying and..." I burst into tears.

He pulled me in for a hug and held me tightly.

"Shh, don't worry"

"No you don't understand! I pulled away, I need to go now! Can I borrow your car?" I looked up with him trying to pull myself together.

"Yeah yeah, of course, I'll drive." He grabbed his car keys, but I stopped him.

"No! You gotta stay here, I have to do this on my own."

"Lucy?" He looked worried.

"I'm fine, honestly, please I just have to go."

He handed the keys to me, slightly annoyed. He gave me a small smile. I nodded and ran out the door to his car.

I opened the door and started the car, and within seconds I was already halfway down the road.

The airport was about 10 minuets away. All horrible thoughts suddenly rushed into my head, as I processed what was going on. Ashton's mother is on her death bed, he has no family after she passes. I cried to myself. I needed to cry and just let it all out, so I did. I was still in my bridesmaid dress, and my makeup was half smudged. I looked crazy! But didn't care. at the red lights I texted Liam to book me the first flight out to Boston.

'Next flight in 40 minuets, I booked one way out. Good luck - Liam.'

I was almost there. About 5 minuets away. I was getting continuous looks from other drivers, I didn't care though. What was on my mind was one thing and one thing only, and that was Ashton. I texted him.

'Next flight in 40 minuets hold on xx'

I hope I would arrive in time, as it takes 6 hours to get out to America from Ireland. I twiddled my thumbs in frustration with the traffic lights. Finally it went green and I was flying past everyone who was pointing and staring at me.

Finally I reached the hospital and just parked the car the first spot I seen.

I jumped out of the car and made me way inside.

The airport was jam packed. Families were departing and arriving. All excited and happy to be together. One big holiday. Business men and women on trips to do with work. Tourists coming home for the big Irish Celtic festivals in Dublin. Then there was me, a young girl in a bridesmaid dress with messy hair and half smudged makeup struggling to keep herself together to make her way to her boyfriend who's mother was on her death bed. Don't see them everyday so yeah?

I didn't need to check in any luggage so I rushed to the check in counter. I explained how my friend booked a flight and gave them all necessary information. The kind lady did help, she was nice and helpful. Not stubborn like most of them are, she printed out my boarding pass and told me to have a nice flight.

I ran past holiday makers, all the way down to gate 33f.

'Ladies and gentlemen, flight 1023 to Boston, Massachusetts is now boarding. Gate 33f is now open, please make your way to gate 33f. Thank you'

I continued to run. I got there just in time before they were about to close the gates.

I took a deep breath before I stepped onto the plane. My life is so fucked up.