Chapter 22

Ashton's POV:

I lay in the hospital bed. I hated hospitals even though I was so used to going to them with mum. I guess this wasn't as bad as attending with my mum. Ever since I was little I came with my mum to the hospital. At first I liked it because I was only a boy so I got to play on the kiddies area. .

Then I grew up.

The doctors felt that I should understand my mothers condition, in other words, understand the state my mom was in. Some days were fine. She was treated regularly and she behaved. Other days she would scream and roar and refuse to take her medicine. Those days scared me.

I was only 14 when the doctors decided to bring me in with my mother to the treatment room. To this day I still hate it. There's other patients with similar problems as my mom and I honestly can't believe that there's people out there worse than my mum. I thought she was crazy. But it's just her problem.

I look around my room and it's just a normal room. Machines and chairs. I have my own little tv and there's a bathroom at the right hand side of the room.

I lay in bed thinking of Lucy. Of what happened last night. Of how fragile she was. How her body is slowly but surely eroding away. Her face was no longer the bright happy face that sent shivers all around my body yet warmed my heart.

She was broken.

I thought letting her go and find someone right would be the best for her. But now I'm starting to question myself.

All I'm afraid of is after us. If she's broken now, how will she be after us being a real couple? Maybe I should just take the chance.

I fucking love her.

I fucking love her with everything I got. Everything is easy and simple when I'm with her. Just looking at her makes everything okay.

It's now 12.00pm the nurses said I could leave once Lucy picks me up. Where is she? Is she okay? She's probably just running late, or slept in, last night was a long night. I've got to get my game together. Stop second thinking and just go for it! God only knows she could be the fucking love of my life?! Anything could happen. I'm gonna treat her right and I'm gonna change, not only for her but for myself. I've got to stop living In the past and feeling sorry for myself. I've got to make a change and start living in the present and move on.

My life won't stop me from doing nothing anymore. I can live with the condition my mums in, I can live without knowing my dad, I can live with this, I have for the past 20 years. Well nearly 20 years. Fuck it. I love Lucy and I'm gonna treat her right!

Where is she? It's now 1:00pm. I've got to call her. What if something's wrong. I dial her number.

*Hi! This is Lucy's voicemail, sorry I can't take your call right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to you* BEEEEPPP.

Shit, straight to voicemail. Something's wrong.

"LET ME OUT!" I shout and two nurses come rushing into my room.

"Mr. Irwin what's wrong?" The stupid, thick blonde looks at me blankly.

"I need to get out of this shithole! My girl.. My friend is in trouble and I need to get out of here!" I look at all the little things strapped up to me and I fidget with them.

"Mr. Irwin, we can't discharge you until Ms. O' Donald comes to collect you." She looks at me again. She's so fucking stupid!

"Ms. O' Donald is my friend in trouble! Let me out now!" I'm screaming as loud as I can. I need to get out of here.