Chapter 5

On our way down to the lake, Cameera and I discuss our plans for the summer. We focus on positives meeting new people, having parties, boating, tan, sun just like I imagined summer. I keep thanking Mr and Mrs Kingston or I know them as Bill and Kathy. They treat me like a second daughter and they are just so kinda to me.

I have to admit, it would be nice to meet someone at the lake. Someone special. I have worked so hard and pushed all boys to the side and just focused on my future. Yes I know, at sixteen I'm planning my life ahead of me. But I would rather have the whole day planned instead of surprising myself of no discipline what-so-ever. I guess I just don't like any surprises. Not since my dad. My mum and I have come such a long way since him. We're happy now. My mum kept her promise. The promise she made on the plane. I owe my future to her. She may not have given me much in physical possessions since she had to take much unpaid time off work due to her appearance my father caused. But she is my most valuable possession. She thought me to keep my head up, to be strong and to fight for what I want and never ever to give up. No boy will come in the way of that. But a little fun isn't bad is it?

We stop at Mc Donald's on our way. "Woah, who knew traveling could be so tiring and make you hungry" said Kathy as we ordered our food. Discipling myself again I ordered a salad. I am not 'fat' but I do believe the quote 'you are what you eat' and I just feel terrible after eating a load of junk. Cameera treated herself to a burger and fries. Kathy had a chicken wrap and Bill ordered a coffee. I insisted in paying as they are so kind enough to let me come with them again this year. But Kathy refused any donations. I had lost battle. "Fine but I am paying for gas." I bickered.

After our meal we used the restrooms and we were on our way towards the lake. I really do love the lake. It's so calm and peaceful. It takes you away from reality and even the people there are so friendly. It's like a site. A numerous amount of cabins are on the site and there's a lake in the middle with a little waterfall. Also me and Cameera have a little secret hideout behind it. Top secret! Whenever we go to the lake I feel so young. I will free and I can just enjoy myself.

I give my mother a quick text

*just about 15 minutes away. Phone will die soon so I will text you when it is charged. Love you xxx*

About five minutes later my phone vibrates.

*okay dear hope your having a great time. Say hello to the Kingstons love you be safe. With love from mum and Richard xxx*

"Mum and Richard say hi." I immediately deliver the message from my mothers text.

The rest of the car journey is in silent expect for 'The Script's' cd. They are an Irish band. And I am very proud to relate my nationality with them. They are one of my favourite bands.

After a 2 hour drive we finally arrive at the lake! The second we pull into the entrance my tummy is full of butterflies. And I have a feeling. This is gonna be good. "Girls we thought we would surprise ye, we have agreed to let ye two to have your own cabin!" Kathy squeals with delight. "Mum are you serious?!" Cameera literally screams into her mothers ear. "Yes Shes serious now please stop shouting like a Hyena!" Bill groans. Typical Bill. I let out a giggle.

We pull into the parking lot. My eyes are automatically glued to the boy in the naturally brown scruffy but yet perfect hair and a red headband resting just above his forehead. His hand reaches to push away a strand of hair and I notice he has five strokes like a tally sheet tattooed on his right hand. He had hazel-brown eyes. He then chuckled and I noticed deep but beautiful dimples on his cheeks. His features were just perfect. He was beautiful. I was snapped back into reality when he put his arm around a girl. Woah she was stunning! She had jet black hair plaited to the side and her make-up was quite dark. The mysterious new boy caught my eye and I quickly looked away.

Along with the hazel eyed man was three other boys. One had a lip piercing and had blonde hair. He looked very appealing. I glanced at the nutty tanned boy with either black hair or really really dark brown hair I couldn't tell with the glance. The last boy had green hair. He looked kinda cool. I was used to seeing people with green hair back at home. But sure I came here to get away from reality right? He had greeny eyes. They all looked so appealing.

'Focus Luce, focus here. Your here to have fun not follow some boys. It's not part of your plan.'

As we got out of the car I noticed Cameera's jaw drop when she noticed the present of the boys across the parking lot. We're sixteen of course were going to gasp whenever we encounter new boys. It's part of a girls life. Getting butterflies when she meets or sees a cute boy. It's a fact of life. I laughed hysterically at her. She looked in awe at the boys. "Amm.. Hey I'm Nick, I'll be showing you were your staying" a man called from behind Cameera startling her. I couldn't help but giggle. "Oh thank you sir." We didn't even notice Cameera's parents leaving us with our luggage. Cameera takes one last look at the boys before we leave for our cabin. I on the other hand discipline myself yet again and just carry on. "God the boy in the red bandanna is so cute" Cameera whispered to me on our way over to our cabin. "And did you see the guy in the green hair? Woah he looks like such a badass with his hair. You wouldn't want to be fucking around with him!" Cameera chuckled. "Cameera, language!" I scowled her. "Okay sorry 'mom'" Cameera teased. "Let go babe it's summer!" I guess she does have a point. I have got to stop stressing myself out.

"Here's where you will be staying ladies" it was a small but it was the perfect size for me and my best friend. There was an upstairs and a downstairs. It was very old fashioned. I like that. It wasn't too high tech for me. I can just about work my phone. It was beautiful it looked like a real holiday home. So relaxful. I don't even think that's a word is it? It looked so cosy and the view from the lake from the top window was breathtaking. Both our rooms had an en-suite and I felt like I was living in a lap of luxuries. "When we finish unpacking lets get right down to the lake and tan!" Cameera cheered. It was only three o' clock and it still was really hot so I didn't quarrel with her. I decided to put on my yellow banana bikini. I'm really insecure about my body so I wrapped a towel around me and brought shorts and a spare change of clothes and everything I needed. "Always one step ahead Luce" Cameera teased. "You never now when to shut up do you" I laughed. She was wearing a black bikini. Her figure is amazing. I wish I was confident enough to be able to want to flaunt my curves. That's one thing I admire the most about her. She doesn't care what anyone says or thinks of her. And she has 110% confidence in herself. "You ready?" She squealed. "Ready as I'll ever be" I joined in.