Grey

'Your lucky I made sure that teacher died, or we would've been in a lot of shit, you and I' The mask was trying to pull my mind out of the gutter. I could tell. But I wasn't worried, as no one even knew I was gone. I simply pasted a expression of serious upset in my face and a few fake tears, and I fitted in perfectly. The police got here extremely fast though. About 3-4 minutes. I thought it was crazy speed, but at the moment I'm not so sure. Probably just a lucky patrolling car. The cops put us in a room and interrogated us. Obviously the mask spewed out a fair and quite believable lie that I pulled off with ease. I was let out with everyone else to mourn, and I lost myself in the crowd. I was smiling: she was safe now. I could have her all to myself. All the way home I was thinking to myself: how long would I have to wait? I mean, she just lost a... Let's face it, a boyfriend. As much as it burns me to think someone else took her, they did. For a short while anyway. I wonder if I'll be invited to his funeral? Maybe I could play about with that. I... I do regret what I did though. He was a good friend, and extremely close to Justin. Shit. I might have to speak to him soon. It's gonna be pretty hard not to crack at that...

Before I knew where I was, I was at the Grill. Huh. How odd, how strange.
'I see you've came back to where I called you. Missing the fun you had fighting for your life?' The mask asked.
'It's not so much I miss it, I'm just...' I stopped, trying to find the right words 'I just can't believe everything has happened, and so quickly. I mean, a few days ago I thought I had lost who I loved. But you came along, and changed everything. I can't thank you enough. I can't.' I was tearing up.
'Hey, it's alright. It's what I was built for. As they say, a man who doesn't help others is no man at all.' The mask stopped. It could tell what I was going to ask.
'A man? What do you mean?' I asked, before a staff member walked past me, pushing me aside. Big guy. About 6 foot 4. He towered over me. As he walked past me, he shoved me, causing me to move over. I obviously fell, hitting the floor with such force it really hurt my ass.
"Move it kid. I'm off duty." The guy said, lighting a cigarette. He still had his uniform on, and he was heading into the alleyway.
"Don't shove me" I said, a bit too loudly. The mountain turned around, it's gaze boring into me, wanting me to fall down due to intensity. Oh, fuck me. Here we go again...
"Don't shove me!" I shouted. "Why? Because I'm lower than you? Please, I'll kick your ass sideways and leave you here dead. Don't try me" I could see that he was agitated by this. His muscles twitched. His hands clenched into fists. I saw an eye close and open, as if an animal was released. This guy was nuts. I got a clear shot at his face, and I saw something crazy:
Lots of small scars. They ran all along the face, as well as one cutting into his eye. It still worked, thought. I could see him opening and closing the thing as he took in this feat. The scars... they were in the exact same place the man's was. Holy shit. He was taken to hospital. Stitches and plastic surgery. In surprised he didn't recognise me.
His eyes narrowed.
He recognised me.
"It's... it's you!" He shouted, putting his cigarette by his side. "My... My god! What did you do with it?" He hissed.
"You... your crazy. What the fuck are you on about?!" I threw surprise in his face, but he just batted it away as if it didn't matter.
"Where's the mask?" He said, his eyes lighting up, remembering the power. "I need it back. I need the power. I need to know what you've done with it." He seemed to be pleading, although his eyes said otherwise. His eyes screamed 'IM A NUTJOB'
"I threw it in the river. Near the shallow end. Anyone who wanted it could've picked it up. Seriously, it was creepy as." I said whilst telling the mask I was sorry in my mind.
"It didn't speak to you? Didn't tempt you? You lie. YOU LIE!" He said, reappearing with the knife. The exact same one. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. He flipped hands. "Give it. Or I'll open you up. I'll have a look at what makes a thief" Saying those words flashed me back to the classroom. Me saying all those things, doing those acts. It made me angry, even without the mask. No weapon near me. Shit. I couldn't run: he would catch me before I took a damn step. He swung at me, not near enough to hurt me, just to show he meant business. Two can play that game. I swung a right hook, and he just laughed.
"Trying to beak a heart are we?" Flashing back to me crushing his heart. I lost it.
'Now wait, just a second-' I cut the mask out before it could carry on as I ran towards him, slightly crouched. I knew what was coming next. He swung the knife, as anyone naturally would, and I ducked under it, using the base of my palm to strike his hands. He dropped the blade, and I could tell I hurt his hand as he stepped back. I raised my head again, and found I was smoothly alive and unscathed. The bloke cracked his knuckles, and said
"Let's have some fun, shall we?"