CHAPTER FIVE: MEETING YB

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Fuck yall get quiet fa'?" Youngboy asked, mugging all of us. "Nigga, you came in hea', all dramatic bust opening the door and shit." Ben spoken up.

"Ian bust open the door." He smacked his lips, and sat down on the other bed. "Where Jania at?" Ben inquired.

"In the lobby." He mumbled. They all started laughing, I didn't because I think that was funny. "Why she in the lobby?" Boomer chuckled, asking why.

"He kicked her ass out his room." KD said, after laughing. "Mane I aint kick ha' out. She kicked ha' self out." Youngboy smacked his lips.

"Nigga we seen it. Don't even lie, you kicked her out cho' room. " Joe said. After that, everybody started talking again, I was quiet watching. Jasmine kept trying to flirt with Youngboy, but I can tell, he wasn't fazing her. He didn't pay her no mind.

I don't know why, I was staring at him. He looked up, and we made direct eye contact again. "What chu' staring at?" He asked. "Nobody." I quickly blinked my eyes, looking away.

"YB, why you gotta' be so mean?" Ben chuckled.

"Aint it. Don't be talking to my future wife like that." KD proclaimed, taking up for me.

"Shut up nigga, you probably don't even know ha' name." Youngboy retorted. "It's Lyric actually." I giggled, then smiled. I felt him staring at me. I looked over, Ben snapped his fingers at Youngboy.

"Here nigga." Ben said holding a blunt near Youngboy face. He took it, and stood up. I watched how he inhaled then exhaled from his mouth, slowly. He did it again, and I guess he saw that I was watching, cause he walked over to me.

He tried to pass it to me, I just stared at it, not knowing what to do. "What chu' you'on smoke?" Youngboy asked. I shook my head no. "You can pass it to me, she cant do that anyways." Jasmine said, I rolled my eyes.

"Why?" He looked at her, and asked. "Because she's a PK." Jasmine said. And since when did Jasmine started to smoke? Earlier she went outside.

Kendra looked at her with her nose flared. "Lyric is grown, she can do whatever she wants." Kendra said.

"The hell is a PK?" KD scrunched his face up. "A Preacher's Kid, slowness." Alexis said. "Who the pastor, yo' mama or yo' daddy?" The lightskinned one with the goatee, inquired.

"My dad." I muttered. "No wonder why that explains yo' innocence.. Yo' daddy know you hanging wit' niggas like us?" Youngboy looked at me, and asked.

"No but I'm grown." I said nonchalantly, smirking afterwards.

"Hol' up, first of all.. Weed comes from the earth, its a cannabis aka a plant. Weed is also a medication, and as you can see God made everything, including weed too." KD proclaimed.

"Now yo' ass sounding like a preacher. Shut the fuck up." Boomer chuckled. Serena and Alexis couldn't stop laughing. "I'm just saying." KD shrugged his shoulders.

"But yeen gotta' try it for you'on want too." Youngboy said. I sighed, shrugged my shoulders, and took it anyways. He grabbed a lighter off the dresser, and lit it up.