CHAPTER THIRTEEN: CHEATING

LYRIC BRYANT

When I got home I went straight to my room. I didn't have nothing else to say to my mother. Yet again, I was hoping to see my dad, but he's always coming home late.

Either working at his law firm or at the church. He never spend time with us anymore. I don't know why I still try.

I hopped on to my bed, and stared at the ceiling. I heard a small knock, which that knocked me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I say, then sat up. My door opened, and it was my little sister, Gisselle. "Lyric mommy said come down for dinner."

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Do I have too?"

I heard the front door open, "Daddy's here!" Gisselle shrieked, running out of my room. I was about to get off my bed, until my phone started ringing.

I hurried up, and turned my ringer off. I didn't have time for neither one of my parents to be nosey. It was Jayden anyway, I declined his call.

I shut my door then locked it. I laid back in my bed, once again staring at the ceiling. I sighed.

"Why do I feel so depressed when I'm at home?" I asked myself. I rolled my eyes, then closed them, hoping tomorrow will  come faster.

NEXT DAY

"So what song we're doing? Take Me To The King?" Marcia asked Kylie. "Maybe if you wasn't late, you would know, and plus we already did that song." Kylie implied smartly.

"Excuse me, I didn't know." Marcia rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms. "Are y'all ready? Or y'all just going to keep bick - "

"Hey Lyric?" Someone called. I looked, it was Bria. What the hell do she want?

"Hi.. Bria." I fake smiled at her. I was already about to get annoyed by her presence. I wasn't in the mood for her, or Cameryn. "Why haven't you been coming over? Cam and I have been worrying about you." Bria said sincerely. 

"Maybe I don't want you to worry about me, Bria. Thank you, but I'm fine." I implied back, assuring her.

"Okay.." She mumbled, walking away. "Hey, you're not gonna' stay for practice?" I asked her.

"No I'm just gonna' go home." Bria said, with a small smile. I lowkey feel bad, but don't. I just shrugged my shoulders, and turned my around. "Alright Juniors.. In 5. 4. 3. 2."

After practice, I was walking with Kylie and Marcia to put our dresses up. As we did that, we were walking back towards the front, I stopped because I wanted to see if my dad was in his office.

"Lyric, you coming?" Kylie stopped walking, and asked me.

"No I'm good, I'll catch up with y'all later." I told them. "Okay. Um text me, I'm going home." Kylie said. "Okay." I replied to her.

I walked towards my dad office, as soon as I was about to call for him, I seen a unfamiliar woman, with a red dress, and curly hair, walking with my dad. I hurried up and hid behind the plants.

"Malcolm, I'm tired of hiding myself! When are we going to be a family? That bitch gets to have it all, so why can't I?" My mouth dropped. This broad had the audacity to come to my family church, and be disrespectful like calling my mother a bitch.