CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: SNEAKY

— ALEXIS SMITH

I came back home to a bunch of bullshit. My mama was just tripping over nothing. As soon as I come in the house, I was yelled at. Then she wonders why I don't be in the house at all. She drives me away from home.

Now today, she was being all nice. She even offered to do my laundry when I said I was going to do it. But she insisted. I was in shock like she never does my laundry. She hasn't did my laundry in years. She probably got her a new man or something. I was tired of her taking her anger out on me when my dad left.

His ass disappeared, even took some of her shit. Just left leaving their marriage and family. No telling where he is now. I could careless. We always been good but her attitude is still fucked up. Thinking about taking her to a therapist one day.

She'll slap the shit out of me if I do that to her. Oh well. She'll forgive me the next day.

I laughed shaking the thought out of my head as I swept the kitchen floor. "Alexis!" Mama yelled, louder than usual. I furrowed my eyebrows looking concern. I walked to the stairway by the kitchen. She was standing on top of the steps.

"So this is what you when I leave you out the HOUSE?! My HOUSE?!" She yelled, holding papers in her hands. "Mama what are you talking about?" I can feel my voice getting louder. Like why is she flipping out on me so sudden?

"These papers stating that you had an ABORTION! I LET YOU GO OUT SO YOU CAN FUCK OFF AND GET PREGNANT??!" I looked down after she proclaimed the accusations that were true.

"It's true huh? You was fucking off. Since you wanna' fuck off you can get the fuck out of my house." She pointed down to the door.

I felt a tear slipping out. "Can I explain-"

"EXPLAIN WHAT? You went in and got yourself pregnant in my roof! In my roof Alexis! And then you decide to get rid of the baby thinking I WON'T find out! And this shit happened only a few months ago really??"

I wish I would've just threw them away. Why was I keeping them? For the guilt I felt? "Mama please it won't happen again I swear. I don't have nowhere else to go." I can feel my voice cracking.

"I want better for you Alexis! But you grown now you can figure out where you're staying." She crossed her arms. I sniffled nodding my head. Her main rule was to not get pregnant. "Can I at least get my stuff?" I asked her, looking away.

"Tuh. You not getting the shit I brought. Better start over." She said nonchalantly. "You barely brought me anything! I gotten most of my stuff!" I yelled.

"I'll have the stuff you brought  outside. And if you don't get it after I get off of work it will be in the trash." I just dropped the broom, and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind me. Call me dramatic if you want. I just really can't believe her and my dumb ass actions.

I just had an discussion about this. Somehow I just knew she was still going to find out no matter how much I hidden it from her. She was still going to find out.

I walked all the way to the park just to call Serena. I was hoping she'd answer fast. I was pacing around while on the phone. "Hello?" Serena answered the phone finally after the third beep.

She said a few more hellos, as I stayed silent. But I eventually said her name. "Serena?" I choked out, finally managed to say.

"Lex- You been crying??" Serena asked so sudden. "My mama seen them fucking papers."

"What papers?" She exclaimed. "My abortion papers." I sniffled, and wiped my face.

"Oh my God.." She muttered on the phone. "Did she kick you out??"