CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: FAREWELL

— KENTRELL GAULDEN | NBA YOUNGBOY

"Lyric why you be playing all the time?" I opened the door she laid down on her stomach, with her arm covering her face.

She peaked her eyes at me, then hurried up, and tried to close them. "You not sleep."

I can tell she was smiling. "I am sleep Kentrell." Lyric muttered. "Stop lying. I can see you smiling. Get up."

"Whyyyy Kentrell? I'm too tired now." She whined. "Where was that energy at the club?"

"I'm all out of energy." Lyric sighed. "No you not. You ain't do shit but sit on my lap." I smacked my lips and shook my head at her.

She laughed a little, smiled. "Why you standing there? Get in the bed with me."

"I was about too anyways." I got in the bed, and pulled her close to me. "I'm still mad at you." Lyric muttered.

"It's not gonna' happen again. We came this far, ion wanna' lose you. Not again. Not ever."

"I hope you mean that.." She said. "I do." I kissed her forehead. I can tell she was smiling. There was a long pause between us. "So Will you take me back?"

"I'll think about it." She laughed making me smack my lips. "But I guess I could give you a second chance.."

"Good cause I ain't never letting you go." Lyric laughed again and shook her head. "Go to sleep." She said.

I chuckled after she said that. A few minutes later, she fell asleep. I smiled happily, knowing I finally got Lyric back. I leaned over and grabbed my phone off my nightstand, and took a picture of Lyric laying on my chest.

I posted her on my IG, letting whole world know she not going nowhere. I fell asleep after I posted the picture.

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Aye Lyric wake up." I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes, it was Kentrell standing above me.
Why do I feel like one of those groupies being woken up?

"I'm up. Dang." I sat up, and wiped my eyes. "Good. Cause we about to leave." Kentrell said. I squinted my eyes at him, trying to see if I was seeing straight.

This boy was eating cereal out the bag. I blinked my eyes twice. "What?" He asked. "Why are you eating cereal out the bag when you can easily pour it in a bowl?"

"I was in a rush! Tryna' wake you up early so you can see Serena and Alexis before they leave." I hopped out the bed fast, and rushed into the bathroom.

I took me a quick shower. I grabbed my towel, and wrapped it around my body. I dried myself off then I ran to his closet, and picked out my shirt, and sweats. I ran back in the bathroom, and changed.

"You bet not have no water on my floor, how you dripping that shit everywhere." I waved him off and rolled my eyes.

"Nobody is dropping water on your floor Kentrell. I dried off after I got out the shower." I put my hair into a low ponytail. I turned off the lights, and grabbed my shoes and some socks.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, and put on my socks and shoes. I stood up, off the bed. "You ready?" Kentrell looked at me, and asked.

I nodded my head.

We went to the airport, only half of us were there. Missing Joe, Beenie, Boomer, KD, and Kendra. I sat with Alexis and Serena while Kentrell sat with Ben and Montana.