CHAPTER SEVEN: GOING OUT

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Ion care, I'll be a cougar for Ken. I mean we a year apart, so.. And I just turned 16. I hope he like light skin bitches since he like white girls." Kylie rambled. She's been talking about Youngboy's brother for the past 15 minutes, and while I was tying my shoes.

And this girl has no filter. I shook my head at her. "Kylie, how you gonna' say that about that boy?"

"What? I'm serious Lyric. But girl do you see his eyes? Wait.. Do you even know what Ken looks like?" Kylie ask, "No. But you can show me." She smacked her lips. "Fine, but don't get heart eyes on my man. Ill cut chu'." She said sternly, pointing at me.

I smacked my lips, "Kylie, I am not a cougar." I assure.

"Mhm. But here." She showed she a picture of Ken.

"He looks like his brother

"He looks like his brother." I thought. "Yeah, but my baby looks better." She stuck her tongue out. "Whatever." I laughed. "Lyric, it's crazy how we like them, and they both brothers."

"Girl, I don't like him. I just met him.." I say. I heard her scoffing in the bathroom. "Lyric, please." She said sarcastically.

"Kylie, how can I like someone I barely know?" I ask. "Um either love at first sight or.." She trailed off. "I don't know after that." She shrugged her shoulders.

"You believe in love at first sight?" I ask curiously. I thought people rarely believe in that. Especially if its only for fairy tales. "No, I'm just using it as an example.. Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"I don't know.." I shrugged my shoulders. "I mean it's rare. It only happens in fairy tales or movies, cause you never know if the other person feels the same."

"Well then.. You apply for any colleges yet?" She asked, changing up the subject. "Eh.. To be honest no. I got scholarships, but I'm not ready to go yet." I stated.

"Where?" She asked. "Spelman and GSU Honors." I answer. "That's good. I think you should go to GSU." Kylie implied. "Why?" I ask.

"Because Spelman is an all girls college." She said. "So. What's wrong with that?"

"No boys." I smacked my lips. "Sometimes boys can be a distraction. But Spelman is near Morehouse." "I forgot that.. Welp least you can be around niggas. You better hope it's some fine ones."

"Kylie, I am not going to college for boys. I'm going for my degree. Serena and Kendra going to Spelman. I dont know about Alexis.. She always say she only going to college for the frat parties.. and.."