CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "FRIENDS AGAIN"

— SERENA JOHNSON

"Y'all heard from Lyric today?" I asked Jasmine and Alexis. I haven't seen nor talk to Lyric in like two days. And normally she'd text or call by then.

"I don't talk to that girl." Jasmine said with an attitude. "Ly, acting like Kendra now, being distant. I seen Kendra the other day, I spoke to her, she didn't even say nothing, oh well." Alexis shrugged her shoulders walking into my hallway.

"Serena, you needa' clean yo' dirty mirror." Alexis retorted. I smacked my lips. "My mirror is not that dirty." I implied.

"Oh well my picture still cute." She said.

"While you taking pictures, come take mine

"While you taking pictures, come take mine."
"Um.. Jasmine is in there, you can ask her." Alexis implied. Jasmine was nowhere near the kitchen.

"No she not, she left as soon as you said that. I can't ask y'all for shit." I scoffed, rolling my eyes at both of them.  When they want they pictures, I take them. And they can't take mine.

"Give me yo' phone crybaby." Alexis walked in the kitchen. "It's right there." I pointed on the counter. She grabbed it, I hurried up and posed. "There you go." She took my picture, then gave me my phone.

"Thanks." I muttered before looking at the picture.

"It's cute but you did it fast

"It's cute but you did it fast." I snickered playfully. "Whatever Serena." Alexis waved me off. "Aww, they leaving tomorrow in the morning." Alexis pouted, while looking on her phone. "Who?" I inquired.

"You know who.." She muttered. "Man.. I wanna' go with them so bad. But I gotta' go to Spelman. And what y'all gonna' do while I'm in college?" I asked them. They don't even know what they're gonna' do. We all were suppose to go to Spelman together. But they wanna' be at home.

"What chu' mean? I'm going. Even though I gotta' work while being in college. The only thing is.. I wont be able to go to Spelman. I gotta' go to GSU. But least I'm going to college." Alexis said, I was surprised, she was going to college. But I don't know, she change her mind like every other day.