CHAPTER FIFTY: FINAL CHAPTER

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Yo' who could've did this shit?" Montana asked angrily as we all rode in the truck together. I didn't have no words. I was so at lost. I forgot my phone at the room. Kentrell was instantly in jump mode ready to see who was firing shots. Of course, I went down there with him to stop him to see. Now I'm wishing we didn't go down there. Seeing KD on the ground bleeding clinging on to life. I just couldn't bear to see it.

Me and Lishae was crying. "Probably that nigga-" Kentrell cut off Joe by looking at him. "We gone get that nigga." Joe mumbled. I heard that but I didn't say anything. We all rode in silence after that. I looked at the windows fogging up from the rain that started to come.

So much stuff happening at once. It's no turning back now with Kentrell. I definitely can't leave him especially with a time like this. I held his hand and laid my head on his shoulder as I cried. We pulled up just in time. They were taking KD inside. We all got out trying to keep up. We see Kendra talking to a nurse.

"Aye where they are taking him?" Kentrell asked Kendra. "He's going into surgery now. I don't know how long it will take because he lost a lot of blood. The doctor will let yall know if he makes it." The nurse told us.

"He better make it!" Kendra converted herself to the conversation. "Look I understand everyone frustration but now is the time to put our energy into something positive like awaiting his results." The nurse said. "Who the fuck-" I cut Kendra off by grabbing her to sit with her in the waiting room.

"Thank you. We appreciate the help." Montana spoke to the nurse. "He just better make it. Especially now that I'm keeping the baby." Kendra shook her head as she was rocking her body back and forth in her seat. "You're keeping the baby?" I asked in shock. Crying even more as I hugged her. She didn't hug me back I didn't care though.

"You're pregnant? Congratulations baby!" Lishae gave Kendra hug too. "Man my li' nigga finna' have a baby too?" Montana looked at Three Kentrell, Ben, Boomer and Joe. He was trying to lighten up the mood. The boys just sat in silence. "He gone make it." Boomer nodded his head assuring himself.

I looked at Kentrell didn't look like himself anymore. I went to go stand by him. He looked at me. I hugged him. "It's going to be okay baby." I leaned up to kiss him. He didn't kiss me back. It's like he's emotionless.

"Just go make sure Kendra straight. I'm good." He pushed me away lightly. I was taken back how the way he was acting. I turned around holding back my tears. Why wouldn't he let me comfort him? I went back to sit with Kendra. We waited some more but we saw the police talking to the nurse then they came to us. Kendra stood up ready to talk to them. "I just saw yall talking to the nurse. Is this regarding my boyfriend?" She asked willing to talk.

"No but this is regarding the kidnapping of Lyric Bryant. Lyric you're coming with us." One of the officers tried to grab me. "Wait what?" I asked in shock. "Kentrell Gaulden you are under arrest for the kidnapping of Lyric Bryant and attempted murder of Fredrick T. Givens II anything you say or do will be used against you in the - " I felt like I was a loss for words. Before they could say anything else we clashed with them as they were trying to arrest Kentrell. "Let my girl go!" Kentrell yelled out in anger as he fought the officers to get to me.

I was already being held back crying reaching out for Kentrell, but it was too late. They also arrested Ben and Boomer as accomplices to the attempt. I felt like I was losing breathing from all of this crying and trauma. "I love you!" I yelled to Kentrell as they had him against the wall arresting him. He just looked at me. "I love you too." He replied back.

I felt like I lost everything in this moment. The battle with my parents, my best friend barely holding on to life, and losing my boyfriend in the war of the police. The security the nurses called escorted our group out. We couldn't find out the results of KD because it was too late. It was too late for all of us...

THE END.

Feedback?

How y'all felt about this chapter? ☹️

— Nae 💗