CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: LEAKED

— LYRIC BRYANT

"You have an attitude now. So what's your problem?." I asked Kentrell, crossing my arms. He had the nastiest attitude, while going in the house.

"You just gave this bitch yo' number. That's my fucking problem Lyric." He said.

"Okay? I can easily change my number Kentrell. You act like I cant do that."

"You could've just ignored her like I've been doing." Kentrell said. "No I wasn't gonna' ignore her. Would you ignore a thirsty ass nigga in my DMs? And you also have beef with him?"

"Ye - "

"Stop lying. Now you know you're lying." I shook my head at him. He started laughing. "That's not the point. You still gave her yo' number." Kentrell gotten serious, and put his finger in my face.

"Get your finger out my face." I smacked his finger away, he grabbed my hand. "You gone stop putting yo' hands on me." He said. "Stop putting your nasty long fingers in my face." I retorted.

"Was it nasty when I - "

"I don't wanna' hear it Kentrell. I was caught in the moment." I cut him off. "You gone be caught in the moment again just with something else." Kentrell smirked. "Yeah right." I laughed lowly, walking away.

"I'm serious. Wait till yo' birthday." I heard Kentrell say. "Why I have to wait three days?" I asked him. "You'll see." He said.

"Speaking of my birthday, can we get Kylie, Serena, and Alexis to fly out here? Last year, I couldn't get to spend my 18th birthday with them. I had this boring birthday dinner at the church. I mean it was fun a little bit but not all."

Kentrell laughed after I told him that. "Why couldn't you just live with your grandma?" He asked me. "My mom didn't want me living with her because of my dad's mom. Joy put the blame on my grandma to why my mom gotten pregnant at 16. And didn't want that happening to me."

"What if you did?" He asked me. "I don't know. Probably would be kept as a secret. It's already a lot of secrets as it is." I muttered shrugging my shoulders.

"When you gonna' reveal it?" Kentrell inquired. "I'm not gonna' do that. That'll ruin their "perfect" little lives."

My phone started ringing, interrupting Kentrell and I conversation. It was Serena calling me. I answered her call. "Hey Serena how is the - "

"Hold on before you say anything. How did Jasmine get your number?" Serena cut me off. "Oh I FaceTimed her. I cussed her out, and she thought everything was funny. Before I could finish she hung up on me. And wait why are you asking me this? She posted my number?!"

"Yeah she just posted your number! You needa' go change it right now!!" Serena exclaimed. "Alright Serena I am." I hurried up, and ended our call. I smacked my lips, shaking my head. "See I told you! Now you gotta' change your number." Kentrell snatched my phone, walking away.

"You didn't have to snatch my phone away!" I yelled back.

I heard the door slam. "His bipolar ass. He not hurting nobody by leaving me here. I wanted to stay home anyway." I walked upstairs, into our room. I took my shoes, and jacket off. I laid down sideways, in the bed.

"Here yo' phone back." I heard Kentrell say. I opened my eyes, and I saw my phone on the bed. "Thank you."

He got in the bed, laying in front of me. I scooted down laying beside him. I looked at him. "Are you mad at me?" He shook his head no. "You sure?" Kentrell cracked a smile. "You sound like a big ass kid right now."